Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Putting Grid

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 2 2009 5:26 AM (3 replies)
  • Shephard
    32 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 5:49 PM

It would help us to have less frustration when putting if you left the grid on after the player putts the ball. One can get a sense of their aim and enjoy the game even more! Set it up so the player has a choice under game options.

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 6:03 PM

There is an option.  If you turn the Putting Grid ON it will be on all the time during the entire putt, if you turn it OFF it will disappear as soon as you start your stroke, which at that point you really don't need it anymore anyways.

• Shephard
    32 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 11:39 AM

I guess I wasn’t clear on what I meant.

When the ball is struck by the putter leave the grid on until the ball travels to its stopping point, on the green, or in the hole. If this is done it will help the player analyze if their aiming point was correct or near correct. It would make for a better experience without compromising the challenge.

Or, on a drive you show an icon, on the small window of the hole, where the player selected their aiming point. May I suggest doing the same on the window of the players putt?

In a real game one uses their eye to judge their aiming point and can “see” the result. The way the WGT program is as soon as the player strikes the ball with the putter he / she losses that point of reference.

I hope I am being clear with my analogy.

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 5:26 AM

Yes, that is more clear now.  I understand what you are saying here and somewhat agree with the putting, however on the drive there is a triangle on the map that shows you where you aimed, albeit very small, but it can give you some reference as to where you aimed vs. where you ended up.

RSS