Re: back spin on iPad?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 13 2018 1:53 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Tue, Feb 13 2018 8:25 AM

el3n1:
    the AVG wedges are possibly the earliest exception to that since they could still be played into the highest tiers but nearly any other club from driver to irons will likely be upgraded multiple times.

Actually, the Cleveland wedges around Level 30 are fantastic. While they're not cheap, they don't have to replaced until a person gets to the highest level wedges. 

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Tue, Feb 13 2018 8:44 AM

YankeeJim:

Stop right there, I think we're on different pages. You obviously know about apparel and mobile stuff while I was applying PC thinking. I used a driver and 4 wedges to get to Legend myself but that was the PC version. IDK if you can get away with that on the mobile game, though. The shot-altering clothes apparently makes a difference, IDK.

Yes Jim, the OP is a mobile player that is why I offered that type of response.  Desktop does not offer some of those same options, but if you can access mobile and obtain those "coin club rentals" they are still available on the desktop for play unlike the apparel. 

Spending what most people regard as "worthless" coins that can be won in the coin matches to rent reasonable clubs for a couple weeks until someone reaches the higher levels thus saving thousands of credits, is one of the few things that gives "coins" real value for the mobile player.  I probably spent 150,000 coins renting clubs for a couple weeks and it got me to the level to obtain clubs that I knew would last me quite awhile.  Those coins no longer have that same value but they did as I was starting out!

There are a variety of ways to play the game, some spend mindlessly, while others like myself try to find a less expensive way around the built in costs of playing.  Trying to minimize that can help reduce the number of videos you watch or money you put into the game.  

Robert1893:

el3n1:
    the AVG wedges are possibly the earliest exception to that since they could still be played into the highest tiers but nearly any other club from driver to irons will likely be upgraded multiple times.

Actually, the Cleveland wedges around Level 30 are fantastic. While they're not cheap, they don't have to replaced until a person gets to the highest level wedges. 

I agree Robert, they are good wedges, but they are not necessarily the best value for the cost.  Champion tier players still hold onto and play their L39 AVG wedge because it is very playable.  And it cost considerably less than the Cleveland.  I was able to buy 2 AVG wedges for less than the cost of one Cleveland wedge.  To me that is a better value and more bang for the "credit".  

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Tue, Feb 13 2018 9:46 AM

el3n1:
    I agree Robert, they are good wedges, but they are not necessarily the best value for the cost.  Champion tier players still hold onto and play their L39 AVG wedge because it is very playable.  And it cost considerably less than the Cleveland.  I was able to buy 2 AVG wedges for less than the cost of one Cleveland wedge.  To me that is a better value and more bang for the "credit".

Ed, I was simply pointing out that AVG wedges are not the earliest or only exception to clubs at lower levels that can still be played at higher levels. 

The AVG may be a better value. I'm not debating or disputing that. I'm just noting that there are other clubs that fall into the category of not being a waste of credits if bought at that level. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Feb 13 2018 9:54 AM

Great answer, Ed, that explains a lot. TY.

• TheWhiteBuffalo
    12 Posts
    Tue, Feb 13 2018 10:26 AM

you guys are the best!  The amount of equipment knowledge I've gained in the last few days surpasses everything I've learned on my own.  Much more to learn about playing WGT, I'll be monitoring the forums more closely from now on.  Thanks again for EVERYONE's insights!

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Tue, Feb 13 2018 11:01 AM

All good guys!  I ended up chuckling to myself here we are each touching on slightly different approaches to the game all valid points and slightly off topic of the very basic question by the OP.  Doesn't take much to get sidetracked : )

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Tue, Feb 13 2018 1:23 PM

TheWhiteBuffalo:

you guys are the best!  The amount of equipment knowledge I've gained in the last few days surpasses everything I've learned on my own.  Much more to learn about playing WGT, I'll be monitoring the forums more closely from now on.  Thanks again for EVERYONE's insights!

you might also check in with your CC forum.  I know after I joined TPC and began going through our forum and history of Quicklinks and advice there was a ton of great information in there!  I feel as though I cut months if not a year off of the learning curve but it may feel like homework again...for me it saved a lot of credits.  I also learned quite a bit by the top players that post videos on youtube...

reaching out to a few players in the forum will quickly show you there are a lot of people out there with advice and tips...we all seem to have an opinion : )  I won't say anyone is outright wrong if what they have learned works for them and shows in their stats...there are a lot of ways to play the game...finding what works for you is the key...

you will also get advice by top players that they have customized to work for themselves but it may not work for you, don't force something if it doesn't click with you or you can't replicate it.  that being said, the best methods IMHO should be able to be replicated without excessively reworking it otherwise you are essentially creating your own method.

the "numbers" should be fairly consistent, nothing will be perfect because the game has built in variance that prevents you from nailing every shot!  

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Feb 13 2018 1:53 PM

Im a big proponent of not buying many clubs early.

Even more so now due to leveling speed.

It's been about 19 months since i started playing the game and for the first few months the starter clubs later boosted by the green and then blue coin rental clubs were just fine until i got the Ping G25 irons. 

I remember they offered me a Better driver and a putter for $20 when i first started and i did that. It was money well spent. The driver took me to around level 50 and the putter i used until the level 70 Versa.

I also would say that getting wedges in 30s helps. I can't remember if i got the ATVs or the Clevelands first tho.  I know i went with the Clevelands in the late 70s.

The players that have been around a while have different memories. Even before glitch rounds and increased daily bonuses i hit legend  and level 83 in 5 months of playing time.

Imagine what can be done now. especially if someone wanted to wear XP bonus clothing on top of everything else done to accelerate leveling.

I'd skip half the gear i got if i could level at today's pace.

• PAGES
RSS