Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Lost Balls - Water / OB

Fri, Dec 20 2019 6:25 AM (44 replies)
  • davej92
    32 Posts
    Thu, Jan 3 2019 10:15 AM

I completely agree, profit making is what it's all about. I had a 150 yd par 3, water to the right but a right to left wind, I hit 150 and very slightly just right of the centre line. Ended in the water. a 300+ credit ball gone. So unfair Wgt ought to be ashamed of this kind of treatment to faithful members.

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Thu, Jan 3 2019 5:56 PM

My intention is not to create controversy with this them of ''losing balls in WC'',...just my opinion...

and for me it does not depend on whether you pay for balls or use the free one, I have not lost any balls in WC yet, simply because I play in a conservative way... those tee drives... or shots whit big difference in altitude (downhill + plus lot of wind), and see the possibility of lost a shot (ball), and in this field there are a plenty of options for that, hitting as hard as possible is not always the best option, before blaming wgt, here I think it is necessary for some people learn to play with head

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Thu, Jan 3 2019 6:42 PM

Hi

LEDzZzEPP:

I have not lost any balls in WC yet, simply because I play in a conservative way... those tee drives... or shots whit big difference in altitude (downhill + plus lot of wind), and see the possibility of lost a shot (ball), and in this field there are a plenty of options for that, hitting as hard as possible is not always the best option, before blaming wgt, here I think it is necessary for some people learn to play with head

I agree, to an extent. Whatever you do or however conservative you are there's always that rogue bounce to catch you out. Two quick examples, the 5th at St Andrews

187yds, a dinged 6 iron with full backspin. We all know not to go long here

236yds is a little excessive though.

Then this gem, safe to say full tilt off the tee isn't too wild. 18th tee and ding!

Between kids playground and carpark, still smokin'

Due credit though, that one ticked me off so away goes an email to CS. Next day the offending ball (not the same one) was back in my bag. Thanks for that.

Both fairly sensible shots ( for me anyway )

Cheers!

Rich

• nomTAJ
    52 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 3:23 PM

I'd say they are definitely doing it intentionally.. Been playing a long time, and if possible avoid playing anywhere near water, though a few of my favourite courses have 1 water shot, so I try and play as safe as possible. But holes like 9 on Wolfcreek ( Blitz )  strangely 'take' your ball 7 times out of 10.. even when you ding a perfect shot?.

The better the Ball you are playing with the more likely it will go in the water is my take on it. I still play it now and then and just accept WGT will steal my Ball most of the time. I'd love to play some of the courses with more water but that means getting angry with WGT a lot, so not worth the bother..

• terryntx
    56 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 5:02 PM

thats funny havent been playing a real long time but never been in any water except 17 at kiawi island its not wgt, all these conspiracy theories ive never hit a bad shot that wasnt my fault,come on

• terryntx
    56 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 7:18 PM

funny thing is i havent been playing forever but never hit a ball in the water except on 17 at kawai never hit a shot that i messed up myself so put to rest these conspiracy theories and realize its you  not wgt ..............

• terryntx
    56 Posts
    Thu, Dec 19 2019 7:30 AM

wgt isnt stealing anything funny how ive never hit a ball in the water except on 17 at kaiwa and any bad shot ive hit is my fault not wgt seems everyone has a conspiracy theory......

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Thu, Dec 19 2019 9:53 AM

Do NOT hit backwards into a fairway for a more level shot on a CTTH to try and map a yardage for a club/wedge... even though it is fairway and normal play for a course... in CTTH … WGT deems it OOB and takes a ball...

lesson learned... 

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Thu, Dec 19 2019 3:07 PM

nomTAJ:
    But holes like 9 on Wolfcreek ( Blitz )  strangely 'take' your ball 7 times out of 10.

Does not happen to me or anyone I know.  Maybe it is not the game..................

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Dec 19 2019 3:16 PM

DoctorLarry:

nomTAJ:
    But holes like 9 on Wolfcreek ( Blitz )  strangely 'take' your ball 7 times out of 10.

Does not happen to me or anyone I know.  Maybe it is not the game..................

Does not happen to me either. I have notes on every hole

RSS