Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Game Booster transforms newbie experience!

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 29 2009 2:00 AM (4 replies)
  • loveclose
    269 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2009 3:59 PM

Hi to all - loveclose callin' - based in Hampshire, UK

Just finished my first round here - a stunning 87 on Bethpage(!!), but 'twas fun - nearly didn't stay though.

First attempt at this game - disaster!!!!  Load times were impossibly long - just horrendous.  But.....

Bring on the game booster!!!  A freebie programme (apologies to those who know about it already) that puts PC into 'game mode' by switching off everything that's not needed.

Wow!!!!  WHAT a difference.  Game then played through so smoothly, with hardly any screen load up times at all.  I even had changes of views everytime the ball went round a corner say - didn't get anything like that until the GameBooster had been activated.  It just goes to show how much unecessary rubbish is going on in the background that slows down the PC.

I really like the HD pics that form the basis of this programme.  Looks really really good.

Just got to find my way round a bit more, and discover how to hit the ball a bit further without breaking the bank....

• sabbath270
    231 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2009 4:04 PM

RE: hitting the ball further without breaking the bank.

Assuming you're not interested in purchasing any clubs, I can think of two ways.

• Using backspin with a tailwind will give you extra yards over the rated amount.
    • Buy the extra distance balls (fairly cheap, could buy some with the free credits you get for making pro)
    Also, welcome to the game. :]

• drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2009 4:12 PM

Welcome loveclose. Glad you found your way over here since the other place shut us down. Enjoy your stay. Until tomorrow.....maybe multiplayer if " they " let us ?

• boozybob1
    89 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2009 4:24 PM

welcom mate, from across the pond.  Get in alot of practice, study the videos.  You'll be a pro in no time.

• loveclose
    269 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 2:00 AM

Might stay a little longer than that!!!! 

Thanks to all for your replies - off to the first tee now for some practise....

RSS