Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Nike Method 001 Putter

Sun, Jan 21 2018 3:17 PM (6 replies)
  • Highcreelander
    14 Posts
    Sat, Jan 20 2018 5:31 PM

I bought this putter quite a while back and had to take some time off because of health, now I've returned and I have no putter increments, there's not even any Nike Putters available anymore. Do I have to buy a new putter now?

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sat, Jan 20 2018 5:59 PM

Highcreelander:

I bought this putter quite a while back and had to take some time off because of health, now I've returned and I have no putter increments, there's not even any Nike Putters available anymore. Do I have to buy a new putter now?

There's nothing wrong, you don't belong to a country club that provides free putter pal, if you don't wish to join one, then you will have to go to the pro shop and purchase it.  Nikes clubs have been discontinued in the pro shop, so they aren't available anymore, but you can play them if you have them......... if your interested in joining a country club, we would be glad to accept you,   check us out,  the Danny Noonan misfits,,,,,,,,we have the free putter and shot pal,   with very little rules      Lucky

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jan 20 2018 8:34 PM

Highcreelander:
    now I've returned and I have no putter increments

There's a way to putt that doesn't require that aid you're used to and it's outlined under Putting Tips in the FAQs. It's called avatar moves and I swear by it. I have that putter, too.  :-)

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Jan 21 2018 1:29 AM

I sent you putting charts that are for the Nike Putter.

It goes by ticks of the backswing, which is how I was taught to putt.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jan 21 2018 9:55 AM

DonCaron:
    It goes by ticks of the backswing,

Avatar moves. One thing to be careful of in using these is to be accurate. Don't trust the first move you see-pass it, return and "sneak" up on it.  Sort of like waggling the club.  :-)

• girlyman0
    33 Posts
    Sun, Jan 21 2018 2:20 PM

I say hang on to the method it's still one of the better putters in the game

• rjs1969
    196 Posts
    Sun, Jan 21 2018 3:17 PM

RSS