Forums

Help › Forums

Re: I'm really looking forward to this years US Open.

Wed, Jan 17 2018 9:19 AM (35 replies)
  • ItsTooSweet
    149 Posts
    Tue, Jan 16 2018 2:52 PM

Deleted

• ItsTooSweet
    149 Posts
    Tue, Jan 16 2018 3:14 PM

Deleted

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Jan 16 2018 3:29 PM

Probably best to leave it in the blog rather than publicize it in the forums, especially since it offends you.  Best bet would probably be to contact customer service with your complaint.

While I don't agree with your opinion for the most part, I respect your right to express your views 100% and bear you no personal animosity whatsoever.

Hit 'em long and straight.

• ItsTooSweet
    149 Posts
    Tue, Jan 16 2018 4:07 PM

Deleted

• LuckySkreet
    611 Posts
    Tue, Jan 16 2018 4:42 PM

Let me try this one more time......     It's not a racial thing, it's a lack of medication and therapy thing.............

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Jan 16 2018 5:03 PM

ITSweet...fair enough and quite reasonable.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Tue, Jan 16 2018 5:07 PM

ItsTooSweet:

I hope you're are correct Robert. After reading OP's new blog today it is clear that this person doesn't like you. 

Yeah, I know. It is what it is. So, I just tend to ignore that stuff. Even so, it’s inappropriate. That’s especially so because, ironically, in this thread, I defended the person. 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Tue, Jan 16 2018 8:01 PM

mkg335:
    The term for hating westerners is anticolonialism.

Actually, the term for hating any group of people based on geographic region (i.e. where they live) or ascriptive characteristics would generally be characterized as ignorant. 

To say one hates ______ based solely on where they live or originate is simply uninformed and a poor way to approach life. But to take it a step further and use such language is unwarranted and typically not the type of rhetoric or language one uses in a civil exchange of ideas and thoughts. 

Simply put: it's not necessary.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Jan 16 2018 8:54 PM

Robert, it's as close as I could get to a word for "hating westerners."  In this case it's no so much where they live or originate as it is the imperialistic tendency involved.  I agree with you that hating anyone is ultimately pointless.  

Here's an entry from encyclopedia.com that may be germane:

Anticolonialism

Western colonialism has engendered anticolonialism from the beginning of the age of European expansion. All empires, in fact, have provoked local and indigenous defiance, backlashes, and resistance throughout human history. The conquest, domination, exploitation, and rule of neighboring and distant peoples and their lands by a powerful and often alien polity, by their very nature, has time and again produced many different kinds of challenges, opposition, and violence.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Tue, Jan 16 2018 11:51 PM

ItsTooSweet:
    I appreciate that some might not see this as being racist. It might not fall into what a classical Webster's dictionary definition might or might not be. I am not saying you're wrong nor am I even trying to change your mind. Racism is a very complex matter that can't be explained in a simple dictionary definition or Google search.

No it's not and yes, it can be explained. This just simply wasn't racism. The word does not have any alternate and expanded meanings than the original one, period.

It is however hate speech and shouldn't be allowed on this site. 

RSS