Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Is it me or does WGT change shot parameters to benefit higher handicap players?

Tue, Jan 9 2018 1:00 PM (8 replies)
  • Joshua0977
    16 Posts
    Mon, Jan 8 2018 12:45 PM

I play WGT a lot on my mobile device (iPad).  When I paly the various competition challenges against other players who have lower handicaps I always have shots or putts that do not behave as planned . It's sure seems like WGT tries to even the match some how by introducing unexpected results for the lower handicap golfer (me).  I've missed sure putts or drives or iron shots that were perfectly hit only to see then fade or hook away unbelievably giving a totally unexpected result from the shot I played.   I hate it.  It's not right. The shots played should yield the expected results regardless.  I understand about the conditions, wind, greens etc.  But after compensating for the conditions one should not have to plan for WGT changing the shot shapes.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jan 8 2018 1:25 PM

Joshua0977:
    The shots played should yield the expected results regardless

They won't. Read all about why here.

• calabash101
    214 Posts
    Mon, Jan 8 2018 1:48 PM

YankeeJim:

Joshua0977:
    The shots played should yield the expected results regardless

They won't. Read all about why here.

I have noticed lately that the game is a lot more unforgiving. I have had alot of shots that were hit good (dinged) and are pulled or pushed from the start and the putting is worse.

I have looked at that before and I understand what it is saying, but the game does seem produce off shots more then not lately.

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Mon, Jan 8 2018 3:27 PM

Joshua0977:
    But after compensating for the conditions one should not have to plan for WGT changing the shot shapes.

And not to put too fine a point on it, but you don't have to worry about WGT changing the shot shapes.

Simply put: that doesn't happen. 

Also. +1 to Jim's post. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jan 8 2018 4:23 PM

Robert1893:

Peep his stats, Robert. This is a repeat of several other complaints by him. He doesn't get it and he's been here longer than me.

• Borat74
    2,787 Posts
    Mon, Jan 8 2018 10:05 PM

Joshua0977:

I play WGT a lot on my mobile device (iPad).  When I paly the various competition challenges against other players who have lower handicaps I always have shots or putts that do not behave as planned . It's sure seems like WGT tries to even the match some how by introducing unexpected results for the lower handicap golfer (me).  I've missed sure putts or drives or iron shots that were perfectly hit only to see then fade or hook away unbelievably giving a totally unexpected result from the shot I played.   I hate it.  It's not right. The shots played should yield the expected results regardless.  I understand about the conditions, wind, greens etc.  But after compensating for the conditions one should not have to plan for WGT changing the shot shapes.

I play on both Platforms Bud and to be perfectly blunt from the last time i played on mobile to the game i played yesterday it seemed more forgiving as i missed ding by a few mm,s and it was as if i had hit ding(maybe thats just me),Shot shapes dont change and PC version is playing as it always has?

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Tue, Jan 9 2018 2:01 AM

YankeeJim:

Robert1893:

Peep his stats, Robert. This is a repeat of several other complaints by him. He doesn't get it and he's been here longer than me.

The one that jumped out and hit me was the less than 1000 rounds in almost 10 years. And none of the rest are very good. You don’t get less than 70% driving accuracy by hitting good shots. That isn’t WGT changing shot shape it is missing the ding or very poor course management or both.

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Tue, Jan 9 2018 7:21 AM

No Josh its just you . Its all due to ;

Lack of play 

Poor clubs and not knowing your clubs 

Possible poor course knowledge and management .

The above reasons are all you . The fact that you cant beat up on lower tier players even says it more so . With a 10 year old account you should be doing way better than what you are . Not knocking you or disrespecting you but you cant blame the game due to your not playing . You have to put your time in if you want to get better .

• Joshua0977
    16 Posts
    Tue, Jan 9 2018 1:00 PM

Thanks Lonnie.  I appreciate the feedback and criticism. I should play more and will start. As for the comment leveled by YankeeJim that I just don't get it and that I have similar posts is wrong. I do agree I haven't played over a 1000 rounds.  But I do thank him for his first post.  All I was looking for was some constructive criticism and you offered that.

RSS