Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Vertal man hits ball by himself

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 6 2018 10:15 AM (9 replies)
  • rory0416
    131 Posts
    Fri, Jan 5 2018 5:15 PM

Hello everyone I was wondering if there is anyone out there that can please help me. I have just bought an Amazon Fire tablet as my last tablet packed in on me. I'm having great trouble playing the game or any other game I have downloaded. The problem is this when taking my shots my virtual man will just suddenly hit the ball all by himself???? He always hits early not late in fact he hit extremely early so my drives travel 40 yards and my putts 0.1ft this is so frustrating and is costing me so many shots that I can no longer continue to play. It's not every shot it happens about twice in every 9 hole game. Another example is I have a racing game and when occasionally my car will not slow down and just Carrys on and hits a brick wall. It's only my game apps that seem to be affected by this glitch? I have emailed wgt but they have not been much help. A factory reset has not resolved this issue is there anyone that can help me please?? 

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Fri, Jan 5 2018 6:30 PM

Make sure you use the swing control circle to take your shots,  I had never used it before but with my new tablet if I don’t use the swing control circle I get just what you are referring to, I don’t know if it’s the new tablet or if they changed something in one of the updates but I now have to use the swing control circle on my tablet biut not on my IPhone.

• rory0416
    131 Posts
    Fri, Jan 5 2018 7:15 PM

Thx borntobesting I'm not sure what the swing control circle is. I assume it's the circle you select your power with?? Ethier way bud I think my problem goes a little deeper than that as I have glitches with all my games not just wgt golf? It been wgt's App have told me its a device issue and Amazon the device manufacturers have told me it is an app problem 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 7:23 AM

I don't play golf on my tablet but I have noticed that the first tap of the screen doesn't always react. It's like it isn't sensitive enough. Could this be causing the problem and is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of the tapping?

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 7:44 AM

Don't take this the wrong way Jim, but us older folks can have drier skin than the youngsters, and capacitive touch screens rely on the moisture in the skin for conductivity. If you find that your device is a little unresponsive, try using a waterbased moisturiser on your hands. Don't overdo it though or you might drop the bloody thing, hehe.  ; )

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 8:37 AM

Thanks, Scott, going to try that. Zero degree temps do tend to dry skin out. (Santa did bring the wife a 1/2 dozen bottles of Avon's Skin So Soft.) Think I'll try licking my finger. You know, like how you turn a real page.  LOL  ;-)

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 9:25 AM

YankeeJim:
    Think I'll try licking my finger. You know, like how you turn a real page.  LOL  ;-)
    Haha, also a good way to ensure others never use it, lol.  : )

You know I meant the tablet. : )))

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 9:53 AM

ScottHope:
    YankeeJim:
    Think I'll try licking my finger. You know, like how you turn a real page.  LOL  ;-)
    Haha, also a good way to ensure others never use it, lol.  : )

Ah, Scott my man, just wondering why anyone else would want to use Jim's finger?  :-)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 10:08 AM

LMAO.

It is a good eye-poker.  ;-)

• Chris1973M
    1,832 Posts
    Sat, Jan 6 2018 10:15 AM
    YankeeJim:

LMAO.

It is a good eye-poker.  ;-)

Lmao Jim!!!!