Forums

Help › Forums

Re: End Of Game Chat

Sat, Jul 30 2022 5:36 AM (105 replies)
  • opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Sun, Jun 10 2018 3:17 PM

4 guys finish a game . first player putts out walks off the green , tosses his clubs in the bed of a old Dodge pick up and drives off.  the other players chat .

The Doctor :  that was kind of rude .

The Main man : ( the guy who set up the game )  You guys want to play another  9... ?

The Doctor : Another 9 sounds like fun ,, Im in

The reformed troll :  I am up for the back 9 , But first lets go the the 19th hole and the Pro shop ..  That guy in the Dodge dropped his money clip on #8 and I picked it up , 

• unit100
    1 Posts
    Sun, Jun 10 2018 6:01 PM

There is an opportunity to chat during the game. Chat at end of the game is the least important thing that WGT needs to fix.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Mon, Jun 11 2018 1:46 PM

unit100:

There is an opportunity to chat during the game. Chat at end of the game is the least important thing that WGT needs to fix.

Oh don't be silly.  See, moderation has made me really polite.  Silly is not the word I'd choose in a censor free world.

So, anyway.

A feature that used to exist, should be incredibly easy to bring back and would allow friends to have a chat about the game after the last putt drops.  And you stand on your soapbox and announce that we can chat in game so why do we need it?

Have you never once had a mid length putt that would win an MP or alt game and been faced with the dilemma of saying "well played, good game" or not? 

If you say it, it makes you look like a dick because you're sure you're gonna make the putt.

If you say it and miss, it makes you feel like a dick.

If you don't say it the ball is pretty damn sure to drop and you frantically try to type something meaningful as you see it head straight to the center of the cup.

This game has many faults but it's greatest feature by miles is being able to have a round with friends.  If walking off the green without saying well played or even goodbye has so little meaning to you then I pity you. 

I really do.

• drmoose
    3,531 Posts
    Tue, Jul 3 2018 12:47 PM

My fellow WGT'ers, it has now been seven month's since I started this campaign to have the end of game chat restored, and, my resolve has not lessened. Per the quote from my status ( "don't make me go poetic on ya ") this months' missive will be nuthin' short of a full blown Shakesperian sonnet, an ode, if you will, to the glorious nature of end of game chat, and how sorely she is missed. Without further ado. 

Please feel free to copy, paste, and send this months' message along to the good folks @ members@worldgolftour.com, who, once again, are rapidly doing nothing to repair this egregious situation. 

Many thanks,

Doc :)

In all of golfings' history

there was no thing so fair

as when you finished up a game

the parting words said there

We'd say "good game, well played, my friend"

and "shall we play again?"

and to the pro shop, off we'd go

our hard earned bucks, to spend

But then malaise befowled our ways

our voices silenced now

Fair words of games and friends well met

a glitch would not allow

We are with sadness overwhelmed

unknown the likes of which

so get up off your lazy butts

an' fix the damn sumbitch !

Respectfully,

Your members

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Tue, Jul 3 2018 3:23 PM

Email number 7, encoded & posted. ; )

July's Email

⇩ EDIT : Wishing you a great 4th July too Doc. : ) ⇩

• drmoose
    3,531 Posts
    Tue, Jul 3 2018 3:37 PM

On it, as always, Scott, & a happy forth to you.

Doc :)

• opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Tue, Jul 3 2018 5:57 PM

Sorry but dont you see this is not Christmas in July , We are 1/2 way on this trip and still searching   grid 7d sector 9 fore Team Yancy .

From the desk of WGT Santa .

Ifin you all be good boys and girls from WGT land ( not that Santa is watching ) .

My forution Kookie fore lunch today told me my lucky #  were 3 5 9 . 

The other side said  "ANDYSON "

Chat is one thing Sir fore a update when we get the Wolfe late this year .

( Hint ) 

Please let us remember why fore this 4th .

Its not about the score you post or a prize you win  .

Has nothing to do with what flag you fly .

Out side the Box we came and pulled off something bigger that only a few in the forums and " binder "  

OPY 

• kyoto1967
    23 Posts
    Thu, Jul 5 2018 1:12 PM

i 2nd your post. Bring Back the end of game chat please WGT please bring it back

• drmoose
    3,531 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2018 12:46 PM

My fellow WGT'ers, please do not think I have abandoned this noble quest. Au contraire, this month i carefully plotted to use their own weapon against them, " PROCRASTINATION  " Since there are none so better at it than the good ol' boys at WGT, I purposely held off 'til the end of the month. "Why ? " you may ask. Well,( being the devious mastermind that I am) I devised this scheme to hit 'em twice, back to back, with both Augusts' and Septembers' end of game chat requests.

Surely, under such an onslaught, They will go running , willy nilly, to find Mr. Fixit and put an end, once and for all, to this egregious state of affairs where we are unable to communicate with our playing partners at the end of the game. So, without further ado...

Augusts' End of Game Chat request.

Dear members@worldgolftour.com

As loyal players of your wonderful game, once again, we ask that you make every effort to restore the end of game chat feature as it is very sorely missed. Not having the opportunity to thank your opponent for the game , or even say good game, is just not right. We understand that money has to be prioritzed in any business venture, but believe the benefits derived from restoring such a popular feature would far outweigh the minimal cost involved. Please give this matter the attention it deserves.

Sincerely,

Your Members

Septembers' End of Game Chat request.

Dear members@worldgolftour.com

My, how time flies ! It's hard to believe another whole month has passed, and we, your members are still unable to communicate with our opponents at the end of a game. We can only assume at this point, that the dog ate your virtual homework. Seriously though, the restoration of this feature can only help make this great game better, and boost sales, as people would play more if it were easier to communicate. Please see that this request finds its' way to the responsible parties who are able to take the action necessary to restore this feature.

Sincerely,

Your Members

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2018 1:21 PM

Smart thinking Doc, I was wondering what had happened. Links as per usual below. ; )

August's Email

September's Email

RSS