Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Meter Stats

Sun, Jan 20 2019 3:20 PM (40 replies)
  • abbielb
    1,800 Posts
    Sun, Dec 17 2017 12:58 AM

show proof or  shut up .....yiannis is straight....played enough with him to know that...too many crap players on wgt accusing others lately.....

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Dec 17 2017 11:47 AM

Even in high winds, I still try to ding. 

I've always thought of the blue aiming triangle in the lower right to be 24 yards across. Works for me.

I'm a ding putter.

It could be a good tool for me, if I can just remember to look at it after a round. 

:^)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Dec 19 2017 9:37 AM

JimbeauC:
    I've always thought of the blue aiming triangle in the lower right to be 24 yards across. Works for me.

Do you mean when aiming in the overhead view?

• akash1592
    322 Posts
    Wed, Dec 20 2017 9:12 PM

Its a fun addition for sure, shows i cant ding to save my life.. but hey i can Score.. think thats where skill comes in and seperates players.

i shot a 54 in Bethpage Championship, with just 9 dings,, thats a ding % of 16. It was fun, i never realized i was this bad with my eye and finger coordination..haha , below is the image.  Not sure if i posted it properly, i play on my iPad..so its little different 

hMWqKm

27_A7_DC25_7_AB7_4655_8423_6_B3_C3_E2_DFAFE

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Wed, Dec 20 2017 11:22 PM

To me, there are at least eleven "ding" spots on the light blue meter area, including five left and five right of the line. They help to keep the shots and putts on trace.

Then, add two outside for shot shaping.

This is what the game needs, and that stats ain't worth a dime, just like the "apex" indication...

IMHO, they should instead have spent the time fixing their longtime bugs!

BTW: Add 450 width to the pics to make them fit in the post frame!

• duffputt
    314 Posts
    Thu, Dec 28 2017 1:00 PM

I like the meter stats.

Observing it for a while.

My average is around 45 % ( I try to ding every shot)

My best is 68%

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Thu, Dec 28 2017 2:19 PM

abbielb:

show proof or  shut up .....yiannis is straight....played enough with him to know that...too many crap players on wgt accusing others lately.....

Ditto that. Yiannis is an excellent player. I've had the pleasure of playing him.

Too many folks here think any player who beats them must be cheating.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Dec 31 2017 2:08 PM

YankeeJim:
    Do you mean when aiming in the overhead view?

Nuts. Been busy with the holidays and just now came back to this thread. Apologies. 

Yeah. It really is a timesaver on the tee.

Early on, I would stick it out there with the corners touching something in the fairway, go to the appropriate cam and use the pitch grid to check it. It seems to be pretty consistent over all courses/holes.

There are only two instances I purposely off ding: All flops and when I have to fight a wind against a dogleg with a fade or draw. 

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sun, Dec 31 2017 2:21 PM

duffputt:
    I like the meter stats. Observing it for a while. My average is around 45 % ( I try to ding every shot)  My best is 68%

I'm an off-ding player all the time; 1) based on the wind for drives and approaches 2) & always on putts.  Now sometimes that means I have to shoot for the ding but it's not my game...not the way I learned it from the start.  Probably why I suck.

• jeppehoper
    61 Posts
    Mon, Jan 8 2018 11:11 PM

I often have numbers in the black, whats that for, just telling me to give up the game 

RSS