Forums

Help › Forums

Re: METER

Thu, Dec 7 2017 3:26 PM (4 replies)
  • RWHERO
    6 Posts
    Thu, Dec 7 2017 8:41 AM

I quit playing WGT for over a year because the swing meter was so jumpy  and I hated it  so after a year  I would have thought that WGT would have put together a fix for the performance issue but alsa not. may be I will quit again 

• LLLlloyd88
    175 Posts
    Thu, Dec 7 2017 9:03 AM

I only have meter issues when my computer is acting up or I'm playing against someone with a Super Vapor Ball. Most people blame WGT for their meter issues but 99% of the problem is caused by your own computer or browser. I would suggest trying different browsers and cleaning up your computer. It's a lot of work but re-imaging and reinstalling windows can really improve a computers performance.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Dec 7 2017 9:54 AM

LLLlloyd88:
    but 99% of the problem is caused by your own computer or browser.

One of them is having the main page open when you play. After you click the Play Now button, close the page. That might not fix everything but it's a start and should help. 

Another old piece of advice that worked for many was to hold your swing at the top for a 1-2-3. This allowed the CPU to calm down if that's what was causing the problem.

• SlicedPepper
    796 Posts
    Thu, Dec 7 2017 10:06 AM

I use MX5 ( Maxthon ) to play. Haven't had any meter problems since. 

• LLLlloyd88
    175 Posts
    Thu, Dec 7 2017 3:26 PM

Also, make sure you turn off any virus protection you might have running (don't forget to turn it back on when you go to the naughty sites).

Every time theres a flash upgrade, it whats to install McAfee antivirus, which is a huge resource hog. At least it used to be.

RSS