Forums

Help › Forums

Re: maxthon browser

Thu, Jun 21 2018 7:04 AM (38 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 1:56 PM

borntobesting:
    When you load Maxthon cloud it must look for the Mxup.exe file. When it doesn't find it the program generates a new Mxup.exe file.

You're right Joe, it does create a new MxUp file, but that's because you're installing a new browser and it's up to you to disable the new MxUp file.

So....Yes it does work!!

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 3:13 PM

After I shut off Maxthon Update in the task manager, I deleted the MXUP EXE.  It tries different things to try and get me to update.

I just dismiss it. If I ever need to install Maxthon 4.4.8.1000 again, I have it in a folder. The MXUP file does not come back on mine

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2018 1:04 AM

DonCaron:
    The MXUP file does not come back on mine
    It won't Don, unless you re-install the browser.  : )

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2018 1:56 AM

ScottHope:

DonCaron:
    The MXUP file does not come back on mine
    It won't Don, unless you re-install the browser.  : )

Strange because it keeps generating a new one every I load Maxthon Cloud. I only reinstalled it once, This is when I open it to play WGT.. Any Idea why it does it on me and not Don? Could it be that I also have or had Maxthon 5 on my PC before? 

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2018 5:08 AM

Hmm, might be worth trying to disable the update task in the task scheduler then.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2018 5:27 AM

ScottHope:

Hmm, might be worth trying to disable the update task in the task scheduler then.

That is what I think I need to do. But i was looking in the wrong place. I was looking for Maxthon Update in  Task Manager not Task Scheduler. I found it and disabled it about 5 minutes ago, (Edit) Yes that was it, Now the MXup.exe file does not come back. 

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2018 6:37 AM

Good, glad that worked.

Ironically for me, if I have the Task Scheduler update and the MxUp file both enabled, then check for updates in Max 3, it tells me there is no update available and that I have the latest version of Maxthon (3.5.2.1000), hahaha, I'll never understand these pesky machines!  : )

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2018 7:03 AM

I disabled mine a long time ago. Go to Windows Adminstrative tools> Task Scheduler>Task Scheduler Library..  Disable Maxthon updating

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2018 7:04 AM

DonCaron:

I disabled mine a long time ago. Go to Windows Adminstrative tools> Task Scheduler>Task Scheduler Library..  Disable Maxthon updating

I also disabled Flash while I was there

RSS