Forums

Help › Forums

Lessons learned from other online games.

Tue, Nov 21 2017 3:48 PM (0 replies)
  • Sm0knGun
    39 Posts
    Tue, Nov 21 2017 3:48 PM

I bring this up ever few months or so.

Basically the whole WGT economy, where people spend money to play, needs to be looked at, and there are things that could be adjusted that would induce people to spend more money rather than less, and it begins with giving discounts for players who spend higher amounts.

Right now it is a strait system.  $1 = 100 credits period  $100 = 10,000. As it stands, People spend exactly as much money as they need to get the upgraded clubs or balls they need. 

Yet it has been proven time and time again on various online games that if you offer 550 credits for $5 that people think they are getting a deal and are more willing to pay $5 instead of spending just $1 per 100 credits to get a new ball.  I can't count how many times I just waited till my balls ran out, then spent the $2.50 to reload them. 

I think I can even prove my theory.  Run a 1 or 2 day sale where you get 25% more credits(or what ever you are comfortable with).  I postulate that people will spend more in those 2 days than you get in a week.  I know I would buy more credits in those two days.  Do it at the beginning of the month when people are generally more flush with cash.  An interesting side effect, is that I don't think it will negatively affect your bottom line at the end of the month.  I think you will come out ahead because people will buy higher level balls because they can afford them. 

RSS