Forums

Help › Forums

Re: ball effects mobile!!!

Wed, Mar 17 2021 12:26 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Tue, Nov 21 2017 7:10 AM

What the hell is going on with this???? Why put it next to the ball so that every time i go to put any spin on my shot i get a notice telling me i can add these crap things! Seriously retarded!!! Give people the option to turn this off! If i dont want to do it then i dont need asking every single shot!

• daviddanser
    5 Posts
    Fri, Nov 24 2017 1:27 PM

+1.. nobody wants the ball effects, at least give us an option to disable!

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Fri, Nov 24 2017 10:43 PM

This was another WGT cure for which there is no known disease.

On the other hand, I played a round with a friend who was using the free Turkey ball. It was hilarious. A little levity is not a bad thing.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Nov 25 2017 12:23 AM

I did see elsewhere someone say they must cater to all. The example was a guy bought them for his young grandkid to chuckle at. 

I think that is a valid point in a place that looks as desperate for any new cash as this place.  I do not agree that they have the right measures in place as Peeing people off seems out of their equation.

I do think a global off button in the settings menu to turn non golf related crap off would be an idea.  Problem is around this place any request for reprogramming must be thought through very carefully. 

Previous attempts at "innovation" include dots on greens not working correctly for several months, and forums that had no menu bar for over a month.The list goes on............... 

I do agree that to anyone over the age of 4 it is very silly.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sat, Nov 25 2017 12:43 AM

Jimbog1964:
    Problem is around this place any request for reprogramming must be thought through very carefully. 

LOL...for sure!!

I think what the OP is referring to is the placement of that silly, childish thing almost on top of the ball. I quit playing mobile except for one time only of the weekly mobile tourney. Mobile is fun to play...or was fun to play. They're ruining it a little more on each update.

You have to tap the ball to pull it up and move the spin dot. Now, when it's comes up, there's this crap added. Not the end of the world, but definitely bad placement. Not to mention that whoever came up with the idea in the first place can't be over 10 years old. It's almost like the QA folks intentionally do stupid things just to rile folks up.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Nov 25 2017 1:39 AM

jayw4862:

• RedMcCool
    43 Posts
    Sat, Nov 25 2017 5:51 AM

This is causing me to play less so if their intention was to get people off the app it has been successful.

• Craig20two
    4 Posts
    Sat, Nov 25 2017 12:30 PM

K7JBQ:
    This was another WGT cure for which there is no known disease.

Spot on. Stupidly annoying. Get rid of it now. 

• DirtyDuffer
    876 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2021 4:29 AM

4 yrs later....

Searching how to turn off these annoying ball effects this morning, and this thread came up.

Oh boy More Beer Ball Effects I’ll never use to add to my senseless collection of effects today. WGT St Patrick’s Day promo.

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2021 4:51 AM

DirtyDuffer:

4 yrs later.... Searching how to turn off these annoying ball effects this morning, and this thread came up. Oh boy More Beer Ball Effects I’ll never use to add to my senseless collection of effects today. WGT St Patrick’s Day promo.

FTR ball effects don’t turn themselves ON ... you would have had to select to turn it on by clicking on the effects icon in the game. 
    To turn it off select the icon that is a red circle with a slash through it. 

• PAGES
RSS