Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Country Only tournament for CC

Fri, Nov 24 2017 3:45 PM (4 replies)
  • Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Tue, Nov 21 2017 4:48 AM

Have a setting where you can only allow people from a certain country to enter a club tournament.

• Dustyjack
    583 Posts
    Tue, Nov 21 2017 9:59 AM

Why??

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Nov 21 2017 2:48 PM

I wouldn't want to do that. I have gone to great lengths to get players from all over the world, and alienate them wouldn't be right in my club anyway.

Those So. Africans and Aussies are fantastic in clashes. While we sleep they go on the rampage. They took out a top clash club in the last one 

• Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Tue, Nov 21 2017 11:48 PM

same here but i think it would be handy if you could, you might want to do some tournaments for certain countries only like on their holidays etc, or if you wanted to do some sort of tour for the usa players and a separate one for the europe players, Not like you have to do it every tournament, just be nice to have that option for the one off events where you dont really want someone from lets say Australia winning the thanks giving cup you are doing.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Fri, Nov 24 2017 3:45 PM

Let me see if I understand your thinking...........so you wouldn't want to see people like Sergio Garcia , playing in the U.S. Open?  Mickleson, playing in the British Open?  How many tourneys would Greg Norman have played in, that Australia sponsored?  I wouldn't think that if you had only one Swede in ur club, that it would be very prestigious to win a tourney for them alone? Might scare some people away from your club membership. Not to mention a very small word like discrimination.   Just a few thoughts here, that's all. 

RSS