Forums

Help › Forums

Re: New Rules - Please note WGT

Mon, Nov 20 2017 12:55 PM (7 replies)
  • Bobbylanka
    893 Posts
    Mon, Nov 20 2017 5:52 AM

New Golf Rules

The Veterans Golf Association has negotiated with The Royal and Ancient Golf Club, based in St Andrews, Scotland to modify the Rules of Golf for Seniors

Rule 1.a.5
    A ball sliced or hooked into the rough shall be lifted and placed on the fairway at a point equal to the distance it carried or rolled into the rough 
    with no penalty. The senior should not be penalized for tall grass which groundskeepers failed to mow.

Rule 2.d.6 (b)
    A ball hitting a tree shall be deemed not to have hit the tree. This is simply bad luck and luck has no place in a scientific game. The senior player must estimate the distance the ball would have travelled if it had not hit the tree and play the ball from there.

Rule 3.b.3(g)
    There shall be no such thing as a lost ball The missing ball is on or near the course and will eventually be found and pocketed by someone else, making 
    it a stolen ball. The player is not to compound the felony by charging himself or herself with a penalty.

Rule 4.c.7(h)
    If a putt passes over a hole without dropping, it is deemed to have dropped. The law of gravity supersedes the Rules of Golf.

Rule 5. 
    Putts that stop close enough to the cup that they could be blown in, may be blown in. This does not apply to balls more than three inches from the hole. No one wants to make a travesty of the game.

Rule 6.a.9(k) 
    There is no penalty for so-called "out of bounds." If penny-pinching golf course owners bought sufficient land, this would not occur. The senior golfer deserves an apology, not a penalty.

Rule 7.g.15(z)
    There is no penalty for a ball in a water hazard, as golf balls should float. Senior golfers should not be penalized for manufacturers' shortcomings.

Rule 8.k.9(s) 
    Advertisements claim that golf scores can be improved by purchasing new golf equipment. Since this is financially impracticable for many senior golfers, one-half stroke per hole may be subtracted for using old equipment.

Please advise all your senior friends of these important rule changes.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Mon, Nov 20 2017 9:43 AM

Can we get WGT to put these new rules into practice here?

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Nov 20 2017 11:35 AM

HaHa, This will help a lot of us Old Timers

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Nov 20 2017 11:50 AM

WTF.......I like the new rules, but as I am getting old, how the hell do you expect me to remember them!

I got to Rule 2.d.6 (b) and had forgotten about the first one.......

A good laugh....cheers Bobby

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Mon, Nov 20 2017 12:06 PM

LOL, now that is funny!

Except for rule #2, in all the years I watched the British Open, and played this game, I don't recall ever seeing a actual "tree" in play on a course in Great Britain?

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Mon, Nov 20 2017 12:31 PM
    Lol...this is exactly how the seniors at my club think the rules are.
  • JohnBurke62
    8 Posts
    Mon, Nov 20 2017 12:55 PM

Love the post. Thx. My dad is 80 and plays by even more relaxed rules, such as getting someone else to go find his ball or pick it up for him on the green if it's close enough to the hole.

• harrybr549
    470 Posts
    Mon, Nov 20 2017 2:27 PM

I have ask for a seniors group where the ding could be better. just for seniors, they join a seniors club . what a jerk

RSS