Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Callaway Steelhead XR Iron Set (L97+)

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 17 2017 3:21 PM (6 replies)
  • SRuddy1
    34 Posts
    Wed, Nov 15 2017 6:45 AM

I am playing with the Nike Vapor Fly Pro Level 92(97). The only difference I can see is the meter speed of a 4.0 to a 4.2

Has anyone used both and can make a compelling endorsement to upgrade?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Nov 15 2017 8:06 AM

The Callaways just replaced the Nikes when Nike stopped making clubs. Aside from that meter speed, they're the same. Save your credits.

• jabonic
    854 Posts
    Wed, Nov 15 2017 2:48 PM

I agree with Jim.  Save your credits. I have played both and IMO the Nike fly vapors are better than the steelheads as far as precision, but pretty much the same.  You can't even tell the meter speed.

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Wed, Nov 15 2017 3:01 PM

Had the Nikes and bought the Callys only because I had the credits to spend. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Wed, Nov 15 2017 10:36 PM

I have both Nike Vapor Fly and Callaway SH XR.

If you have other Callaway Fusion Series (Driver & Wood) and like to synchronize the meter speed like I do, I see no reason why you shouldn't purchase it.

Having a uniformity of meter speed enables me to perform at my best.

Plus, it's a great eye candy as a part of your club collections. WGT wouldn't mind it, either. ;-)

• Borat74
    2,788 Posts
    Fri, Nov 17 2017 2:45 PM

jabonic:

I agree with Jim.  Save your credits. I have played both and IMO the Nike fly vapors are better than the steelheads as far as precision, but pretty much the same.  You can't even tell the meter speed.

I have both and the callaways took a lot more getting used too than the the nikes,but i love these irons and when my meter is behaving itself these clubs are fantastic,really like them and wont change back to the nikes so i would say give them time and see how it goes?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Nov 17 2017 3:21 PM

Borat74:
    and wont change back to the nikes

Unless you already have them, you can't anyway. The Callaways only showed up after Nike announced their exit from the market. That's why the specs are the same except for that .2 in the meter. I'm guessing they couldn't have produced an exact copy of the Nikes with the Callaway name on them (for game file purposes) so they bumped the meter speed to make them different.

RSS