Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Friends leaving....

Sun, Dec 17 2017 2:55 AM (121 replies)
  • HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Sun, Nov 19 2017 3:53 PM

Hey hey hey, wait a minute.  We are getting off topic.  Can we talk about me for a while!

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sun, Nov 19 2017 4:12 PM

HenryKawa:

We are getting off topic.  Can we talk about me for a while!

Actually were not, you or the game sucks are both  topics of little value to anyone!!

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Sun, Nov 19 2017 9:56 PM

fatdan:

HenryKawa:

We are getting off topic.  Can we talk about me for a while!

Actually were not, you or the game sucks are both  topics of little value to anyone!!

Okay DAN.  I take exception to that.  This is a great game.  I LOVE IT!  As far as me, I LOVE ME.

• ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Sun, Nov 19 2017 11:05 PM

This discussion should not go to a direction like: "in this corner those who love the game and say all is ok, and in the other corner these others with all their complains". It´s not that simple and the world is not a black or white place. I like this game very much, but that doesn´t mean that I have to applause for every new bs that is coming up. What I want and what I hope for is, that this game will also in the future be the one I like to play. I want it to stay as a golf game. Not a game with dozends of strange gimmicks like sparkeling balls and whatnots and one lip out after another, commented by a computer voice from the background saying something semi-funny. Just because I like it so much I want it not to become one of those many fantasy-world mainstream all the same soup internet games. I want it to stay as realistic as possible, a simulation of playing golf. Because that is what I like to play so much since years. And I guess I am not alone with that.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Nov 19 2017 11:29 PM

Lipouts seem to be more common some rounds.  Certainly I have handed cards in thinking that.  Never really put my finger on it but seems that way.  If it has happened it seems premium tourneys where it is most likely, but maybe I notice it more in those??

Tourney greens going fast!  Not seen that.  Some putts will play faster if the arrow is down than basic calcs, and if that arrow is up best to take a firm line so as not to finish that .2 short again.

I don't think anyone here was suggesting magic wands and sparklers and etc etc etc are a good idea.

OOBs on dings and wind playing up?  Not had an OOB in a very long time, and can't ever remember a well executed shot doing it.  Wind also plays what I would expect but admittedly my work and thus understanding of high wind shots is not as great as top players - Something I keep saying I will get around to sorting out but along with any notes I have a history of lazy:)

It's what I see.

Not suggesting the OP made reference to putting lines or magic wands etc etc:)

• craigswan
    30,973 Posts
    Mon, Nov 20 2017 2:59 AM

• thesupernova
    7,331 Posts
    Thu, Nov 23 2017 10:54 AM

HenryKawa:

Hello Everyone.  I TOTALLY AGREE.    I come here for the friends. I have over 4700 of them.  Every single one of them are dedicated to me and love me, almost as though I were their leader.  A side benefit is that I am probably the best player of all time who has ever lived.  I hate to admit that because I am a very humble person and do not like to blow my own horse.    Let the bells ring out and banners fly.  Feast your eyes on me.. its too good to be true, but I'm here.. I'm really here.   HENRY KAWA...

OMG,

LOL

You sure like to jerk people's chain.

Next time do not forget to put this on your door knob.

Happy Holidays to all .

My sole post in the WGT forum for quite awhile,I just couldn't resist

Allie

• bigrayyy
    53 Posts
    Thu, Nov 23 2017 11:16 AM

now dat was funny!!!

LMAOOOOOOOOO

• krskfr
    458 Posts
    Thu, Nov 23 2017 2:06 PM

not cool NOVA - don't bring that dirty talk to this game (especially the picture), if i were to post that i'd have my account suspended. Come on, you're better than that SUPER...Not cool, not cool.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Nov 23 2017 4:02 PM

ostfriedel:

This discussion should not go to a direction like: "in this corner those who love the game and say all is ok, and in the other corner these others with all their complains". It´s not that simple and the world is not a black or white place. I like this game very much, but that doesn´t mean that I have to applause for every new bs that is coming up. What I want and what I hope for is, that this game will also in the future be the one I like to play. I want it to stay as a golf game. Not a game with dozends of strange gimmicks like sparkeling balls and whatnots and one lip out after another, commented by a computer voice from the background saying something semi-funny. Just because I like it so much I want it not to become one of those many fantasy-world mainstream all the same soup internet games. I want it to stay as realistic as possible, a simulation of playing golf. Because that is what I like to play so much since years. And I guess I am not alone with that.

No, you're not alone but there are those who would disagree.  There are those who like the gimmicks, and the sparkling golf balls.  I believe there was a gentleman who bought it because his granddaughter liked watching them.  That is awesome, and if you think bigger than yourself it shouldn't be difficult to understand why WGT does some of the things they do.  

They are and must cater to the world, not just the purist folk who want the game to be like a real experience.

RSS