Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Fairway Fanatic's wants you!

Mon, Oct 14 2019 6:06 AM (262 replies)
  • Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2019 10:57 AM

Norb is settling in well. Great bunch of members here to make him welcome. April 1st we will be starting our Summer Stroke Play league. We have had a bit of a reshape to the leagues, We now have 7 divisions of 10! which is incredible. You would do very well to find a club with more. To go with them we have also added a new cup which brings them up to 3 for the league. The Main Fanatic Cup (seeded), The League Cup (Handicaped) and the new Challenger Cup which is just for the players in the Challenger divisions. Great amount of prizes for all divisions and cups!  Here is how the new league structure looks.

want to be part of a club with all these members who are active and on the forums. Come join us then. This is just our leagues so you can imagine what our other events are like!

• Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Tue, Mar 12 2019 11:03 AM

Last Fanatic Standing is also about to start, Another great event we have going on here. 4 divisions of 18! Bottom scores go out each week. 

Emilys Pairs Cup is also underway, 34 teams entered this time.

Our next major will be our own Master's. 

Start Date: 6th April 2019
    Course: Merion
    Rounds: 4
    Prize Fund: 5000 credits for top 10
    Hole in one Jackpot active:
    Hole in sponsored by Emily.
    Team Event: Green Jackets

Plus Best Tour Master finisher sponsored by Paul. 

Random Sweepstake winner as well (from outside the top 10)

New events also coming as well now we are even bigger than ever!

• EagleEmiIy
    443 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2019 4:11 AM

Great Club, Great Members, Great times!

Our forums are always buzzing, Always someone to get a game with. Stoke play/Match play/ Leagues/ Fight Club/ Pro Am's/ Team events, we have it all here, So come join and become a Fanatic!!!!

• Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Tue, Mar 26 2019 12:49 AM

Our Summer league season is about to start. 70 players, 7 Divisions, 3 cups and a handicap ladder league all part of this great event. 

Just a couple of the winners Trophys from last year. All received sleeves of balls as well.

The main thing we aim to do is give everyone a chance of winning. Thats why one of the cups is handicapped, The other is the main cup but shocks do happen in that and the new Challenger Cup is just for the players in the Challenger Divisions so aimed at the lower tiers/ability players who will all compete against each other for that. 

You would do well to find any other club with this amount of participation in a event and considering we still are not even 2 years old it clearly shows something is going right here at Fairway Fanatic's! A great bunch of core Team members has helped make this club one of the best out there. 

So come join us and dont miss out!

• Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2019 1:51 AM

We have our own Match play event that goes on here at Fairway Fanatic's. Its Called Fight Club. We have Divisions for both Pc and Mobile. People can play anyone in their Division. Fights are Match play matches. There is a Ranking system, We hold Fight Nights every few months where there are matches for the Championship Belts on the Main Card. Alot of different varieties for this. Also other matches take place on the undercard like special East V West etc. As we continue to grow we will be expanding this. A new Division will open and even the possibility of a pairs Division. Here is just a look at our Divisions so far.

• Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Wed, Apr 10 2019 2:14 AM

Our very own Masters is underway! 

We are playing our Master's at Merion, 4 rounds of single 18 holes. 

Prize Fund: 5000 credits for top 10

Hole in one Jackpot active: Hole 17. If anyone is lucky to enough to have a hole in one while playing the masters tournament then they will win a sleeve of balls. If they get it on the Jackpot hole they win a prize from the club house of upto 5000 credits!

We also have our team event, all our previous major winners have teams of 5 all competing against each other for the lowest average combined score for a round. The team with the lowest will win a sleeve of balls. 

Finally we also do a sweepstake. Anyone who finishes all 4 rounds gets entered in. prizes range from balls to clubs. 

70 players entered already and we still have a day and a half left before round 1 ends so expect it to get to 80!

• Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Tue, Apr 23 2019 2:00 AM

78 entries in the end! Some great Golf played, Still a few to play their last round but good to see some different names in the top 10. 

Our next major is our PGA Championship. More credits and prizes up for grabs. Hoping to break the 80 entries mark which is going to be right up their with any other club out there in terms of participation numbers! 

Join us now, you will have time to settle in before the next league and tours kick off June 1st and also plenty other events like our own Ryder Cup!

• WWilliams46
    91 Posts
    Thu, Apr 25 2019 4:25 PM

Folks I recently made the decision to change CC's and join Fairway Fanatics and let me tell you if I had known what I was missing I would have done so years ago !!!  This club has something going on all the time for everyone.  You can play as much of it as you want or just enjoy whatever level you prefer but there is never a lack of anything to play.  also from the club ownership right down to all the members they are all about enjoying the experience.  There are Majors, League play, Invitationals, you name it for every player level.  And OMG talk about global, the members literally span the globe and there is always someone to play with no matter where you are.  West coast of the US to Australia and everything in between. When they play the World Cup, they really mean it.  IF you are even thinking of joining a CC you owe it to yourself to give the Fairway Fanatics a try.  It literally takes a few weeks to let it all settle in but that's OK , there are plenty of folks to help and there is no rush or pressure at all.  BTW did I mention the academy ?  Need some help, it's available and I have not even begun to talk about the generosity within this club.

Sorry to rant on and on but I was to the point where WGT was becoming dull and boring but boy am I ever glad I made the move.  Do yourself a favor and check out the Fairway Fanatics, you will thank yourself and remember why you enjoy this game so much !!!

Wayne

• SeabrookFlash
    463 Posts
    Sat, Apr 27 2019 6:19 AM

Wayne, I concur with everything you just posted.  I am glad we found Fairway Fanatics Country Club.  I was really getting tired of the club where I had been and was playing less and less.  The Fairway Fanatics have so much going on there is always something to play that I enjoy.

Corey 

• Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2019 1:27 AM

Thanks Wayne and Corey for the kind words. Been a privilege to have you guys join us and help our numbers go even higher! 

Lots of new stuff coming up soon here at Fairway Fanatics. Our own Ryder Cup, Our Autumn tour and Leagues and much more.

June 1st marks our 2nd year Anniversary and we have a Week long celebration for this. Here is just a sneak peak of what is going to be going on. 

Club Anniversary Cup: 2 Round single play Tournament with some nice credits up for grabs and a trophy.

Golden Oldies V New Kids on the Block: Players who joined before the 1st june 2018 go into the Oldies and anyone after that goes into the New Kids. Will probably try get teams of 15/20. Average score from all players in each team with the lowest team average winning. Sleeve of balls for 6 random picks from winning team. Thanks to Paul for help sponsoring. 

Battle of the Sexes Cup: 3 wise men (well close enough) will battle our ladies Emily/Gina and Kat. Last year the girls won it so the 3 picked better up their game! Sleeve of balls to a random pick from the winning side.

Millionaires Open Open to all members of the Millionaires Club, 18 hole single Round, Handicap event, Sleeves of balls/Trophy up for grabs, last year Colin won this.

Anniversary Bracket: A 30 min Round Bracket. We will look to get this full on the saturday 1st june. Details nearer the time but would like to see it get filled up straight away so it starts at the right time. Credit/Sleeve for prizes.

Academy Antics There will be a special Tournament set up for our Academy members with a new club up for grabs as the main prize! (Thanks to Dave (CliveOak) for sponsoring this. I will speak to Mikey and get a full list of members who will be entered. 

Ryder Cup Starts Its back, our very own Ryder Cup will begin, Can Team Row win back the trophy from Team Usa? 

Autumn Tour De Fanatic Starts Our Autumn Tour Starts. Look for more details in the Tour section

Will be more little events on throughout the week like some Shot clock rounds, set of the week etc etc.

RSS