Forums

Help › Forums

Re: clash protest?

Mon, Feb 26 2018 2:28 PM (118 replies)
  • dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Thu, Feb 22 2018 8:45 AM

This game, as are most online games which at some stage almost require you to use your own real world money to either advance yourself or 'compete' are developed and targeted at one group of people.

Those with addictive personality disorder. 

This is nothing new, been used in business for eons.

There are only two type of people here. Those who can play the game as a casual online distraction and enjoy it and take it or leave it - Or those who simple must keep playing regardless of whether they're spending their own money or not. 

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Thu, Feb 22 2018 10:45 AM

pdb1:
      I am proof that any balls to the wall player can just stop . 

I don't mean this with any ill will, please don't take it that way...what made me laugh a little Paul is I had to wonder ... while you may have slowed down your playing, the other component and it doesn't involve a cost per se to "play" but it is the "need" or "desire" to participate in the community that keeps you coming back and commenting in the forums.  

could you pull away from the forums just as you did the game play?  I am not suggesting you do so, please don't take it that way.  the idea was...you can get drawn into the game or the forums feeling compelled to respond or share what you know and that is another personality type.  I am not calling it a disorder either, but maybe a trait or characteristic.  You enjoy engaging with others...wouldn't you agree, that would be harder for you to pull away from because it can give you a sense of validation and contributing to others.   

I also think there is a difference between having an addictive personality disorder and simply having normal range of humans emotions, egos, and personality types that can be drawn into addictive like patterns.  That does not mean these people have a disorder but it draws upon basic human instinctual behaviors that are widespread across a lot of different types of personalities!

• Mcduff61
    1,753 Posts
    Thu, Feb 22 2018 10:59 AM

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Thu, Feb 22 2018 11:29 AM

pdb1:
    No I stopped . 

ugh, but it does give you more time in the forums.  : ) 

am glad you didn't take my post critically and am glad you can still be a support for your club and others you cross paths with.  also wishing a well with your health issues and hoping all works out and you begin feeling better physically.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Feb 26 2018 1:33 PM

pdb1:

So this is not the first time I have had to consider a departure . A couple other times over the years as well . 

All for different reasons . 

Each time not leaving .

Anything I can do to help ?   

=============================

( hey, I couldn't resist, open goal, ball on the line..had to kick it in )

;-)

RSS