Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Next new course due????

Sat, Oct 28 2017 7:41 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Mon, Oct 23 2017 12:16 AM
    MisterWGT once stated that they have shot second pin positions for each course, and for KIA, they went an extra mile to produce an additional set from other pictures.

In the Good Olde Days, they would publish "second sets" between the new courses, giving us an incentive to try out the new positions and to adapt the individual course management. The last one that I remember is Merion which happened an unusually short timespan from the course's publication.

Since then, nothing. Not an announcement, no novelty. Apparently, they cut the budgets for that :(
  • MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Mon, Oct 23 2017 1:49 AM
    alosso:
    The last one that I remember is Merion which happened an unusually short timespan from the course's publication.
    True, I forgot Merion has 2 sets. Shows how much I play it I suppose :)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Oct 23 2017 2:10 AM
    MainzMan:
    I forgot Merion has 2 sets. Shows how much I play it I suppose :)
    Well if you chipped in....we could afford that bulldozer!

I always said, imagine if they had 3 or 4 pin positions.....for the VUSO qualifier release 2....when as a curve ball, the next 2 for the VUSO

It might also get players playing it more...double the learning curve.

But I agree, maybe it is due to the current crop of engineers.....they do not inspire confidence.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Mon, Oct 23 2017 2:57 AM
    I'd not blame the employees. What they can do depends on their skills (indirectly: salaries), and, most importantly, what they will do depends on their assigned tasks. Both depends on the budget available and the echelon's decisions.

From the 1980s, I remember a remark of a manager of a company in former GDR ("Communist East Germany"), when the low quality of their (cheap) products imported to BRD ("West Germany") was mentioned. He said, "We can do better, but we stick to your orders' specifications".
  • jacktrade51
    10,899 Posts
    Sat, Oct 28 2017 7:41 PM
    Not strange, lol. CHEAP. Lor of extra work to do 2 pin positons. But course much better with 2. So they are being cheap. But WGT is compromising product.
  • PAGES
RSS