Forums

Help › Forums

Tolerant Of Hacks

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 17 2017 3:29 PM (8 replies)
  • PSUTOM
    188 Posts
    Tue, Oct 17 2017 5:20 AM
    My CC ( Coors Light) has been around for about 10 months and I've always had an open door policy regarding newcomers. I've always felt that you have to start somewhere and it helps to take advantage of shot and putter pal that a CC has to offer. With that thought in mind my problem is with the hacks that join and do little or nothing. I've probably culled out upwards of 100 "recruits", and a few that made "member" for inactivity. I am a stickler for members being active, and it is in our CC rules. I admit our CC is not into all the extra curricular activity that most clubs have although it has been tried unsuccessfully many times. Our club is unique in that there is no pressure to do anything other than to play regularly. Not much to ask for in return for the perks of putter/shot pal and a few other things. Bottom line here is, I will keep my open door policy because I believe a lot of newbies will turn into good, steady players. So I'm using this forum to convey this message in bold print: IF YOU DON'T WANT TO PLAY, DON'T JOIN. Thank you for reading this.
  • rfgraham1
    2,739 Posts
    Tue, Oct 17 2017 7:20 AM
    I believe these are new wgt players who are being directed to join a cc as part of the little tutorial wgt does for all new players? As most new players quickly give up you end up with a load of "Dead" members. Only takes a couple of clicks to boot them anyhow lol! Rob
  • twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Tue, Oct 17 2017 8:44 AM
    We just keep booting them after giving them a reasonable chance and time. For every 10 you have to boot you may pick up a gem or two as a solid member. I think a lot of it these days is the younger generation on mobile that move on to the next "new game" very quickly.
  • rfgraham1
    2,739 Posts
    Tue, Oct 17 2017 9:40 AM
    Mobile is a problem for us pc/laptop guys, seems to be way forward since top golf took over, a lot of my previous friends have disappeared from wgt:( We spent a lot of $ and now we are being screwed! They cannot join flash player with andriod therefore there will be 2 tier system henceforth. A total pain and as usual it is all about money but we can vote with our feet?
  • alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Tue, Oct 17 2017 10:10 AM
    The problem has been around "from day one", because ev1 has to sign up to play. Some end up in a CC immediately and lose interest in the whole thing the next day. That's why many CCs demand a higher tier - they may lose interest at some time but probably not so fast!

If you're willing to take them, stay easy and compliment those out smoothly who do not play. Perhaps explain the rules of engagement when they join, or use the message that you can send with the dismissal.

You might want to purge those who haven't played for the longest time regularily, when the CC becomes full.
  • PSUTOM
    188 Posts
    Tue, Oct 17 2017 10:53 AM
    Yeah, I know how to handle it, I guess I was just letting off steam so to speak. Actually 90% of my members started as hacks and hung around and got better. That's kind of why I keep it open and keep a close eye on the deadbeats. I had one hack join some time ago with suspect stats. Thinking he had been a previous WGT member with a new identity, I kept my eye on him. Turns out he was for real and he's one of my better members. As someone mentioned, the mobile players add to the confusion. I once gifted a set of Callaway Irons to a really good member because he was good to the club and had been playing with starters. I have no idea if he ever got them because he is mobile and still uses his starters. I, and several others tried to find out what happened but to no avail. That was quite some time ago and I only bring it up as a reference to my comment about the mobile players...... Very confusing for this old dude.
  • PSUTOM
    188 Posts
    Tue, Oct 17 2017 10:56 AM
    Don't know why the above post has no paragraphs, I originally had three in there.
  • alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Tue, Oct 17 2017 1:35 PM
    You'll find them when you edit your post.

"They" messed up the Forums with one of the last updates. No more paragraphs, no more tool bar (for links or media). Workaround is to use the html "break" sign, [br] (with angle brackets instead),
    one for a new line,

two for a paragraph ;)
  • WoodyJeep
    1,961 Posts
    Tue, Oct 17 2017 3:29 PM
    rfgraham1:
    I believe these are new wgt players who are being directed to join a cc as part of the little tutorial wgt does for all new players? As most new players quickly give up you end up with a load of "Dead" members. Only takes a couple of clicks to boot them anyhow lol! Rob

Good point, I need to see 1 to 2 months of history to join our club. And you can't be inactive for more than 2 months to stay in our club. Other than that, it's too much work to police anything else, lol.

WGT has become such a complete joke who gives a sh*t about anything that happens here!!!

RSS