Help › Forums

Re: Draw and Fade?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 22 2009 2:53 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • resozv
    895 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2009 1:45 PM

Using the WGT starter driver & ball: Some success can be obtained with draw /fade in tailwind or light crosswind. Hit one off center into a 7+ head or crosswind & loose 2-5 yards (per cm off center) depending on specific course & conditions. A good place to practice this is on the CTH challenges. I agree with others on putting that way, but for the long sticks I strive for center face contact. 

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2009 2:01 PM

Perhaps I'm wrong.  I talked with niv and lee and they both disagree with me.

Will keep doing some testing :)

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2009 2:20 PM

Bollox... what a gentleman you are!  And perhaps you are right!  We just need that driving range to confirm one way or the other.

• TarheelsRule
    5,472 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2009 2:53 PM

I have nothing to base my comments on but what I see when I play.  I rarely try to hit it off center since my experience is that these shots come up short.  A test on the range would be great, it would be nice to have a range with a wind that we could make blow in any direction and speed..WTG please.  I tend to use the spin, overspin or backspin to help control distance as well.  I tend to try to play on here the way I play real golf so obviously it makes no sense to me that a mishit would ever travel longer than a solidly high shot.

• PAGES
RSS