Forums

Help › Forums

Re: "Awards Off" Option

Fri, Oct 20 2017 4:51 PM (7 replies)
  • bulkyboz
    734 Posts
    Sun, Oct 15 2017 9:03 PM
    I have received multiple "Get Down," "Down the Drain," and "Ham and Egg," awards throughout the past days. It really gets annoying. They usually appear after completion of hole #1 each day. Is there anyway to have an awards off option? They take 30 seconds to get through...
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Oct 18 2017 10:07 AM
    bulkyboz:
    I have received multiple "Get Down," "Down the Drain," and "Ham and Egg," awards throughout the past days. It really gets annoying. They usually appear after completion of hole #1 each day. Is there anyway to have an awards off option? They take 30 seconds to get through...
    Those are XP Awards that help you level up, along with helping your country club levels also
  • K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Wed, Oct 18 2017 11:23 AM
    Yep, and they pop up after you play a Custom Course game. Been doing that for some time now. Annoying, yes, but it does add to your and your club's XP count.
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Oct 18 2017 12:20 PM
    As far as I know, it is not possible to disable the awards. I agree, they are a waste of time and are totally meaningless. The entire award/reward system needs to be revamped.....but then I suppose who knows what else would go wrong
  • ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Wed, Oct 18 2017 12:32 PM
    alanti:
    then I suppose who knows what else would go wrong
    Is it not how the multiple awards got started is when something went wrong?!
  • shovlovin
    2,112 Posts
    Wed, Oct 18 2017 2:43 PM
    I encourage our members to play the Custom Courses we set in our cc on last play of the day then play with a pass on first game on consecutive days, this helps greatly on level up with xp points, if you use skip at the end of play this will solve watching all the awards . Brian
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Oct 18 2017 7:49 PM
    alanti:
    As far as I know, it is not possible to disable the awards. I agree, they are a waste of time and are totally meaningless. The entire award/reward system needs to be revamped.....but then I suppose who knows what else would go wrong
    The whole awards and XP level process needs a complete overhaul...A few will see L20 or 21 for a club worth chasing, and are zooming to L140,150 and way more themselves chasing it..................All fine and nothing against those doing it, but as a business the compound of all the fast dosh today ideas have left a real mess...........The current business plan makes long term thinking the next weekend, and if it won't show a $ by then it's not used......They wonder why they can't get a ball sponsor?
  • JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Oct 20 2017 4:51 PM
    I forget the exact numbers. Not too long ago we hit L19. It takes around 5x the amount for L19 to get to L20. Serious long haul. (Diamond or not)

:^)
RSS