Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Lacking too much

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 21 2009 2:04 PM (2 replies)
  • keithc0
    1 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 6:44 PM

Okay, now tried this for about 5-6 rounds, but just lacks too much to make it enjoyable. I have a 6 meg line, so performance should not be a problem (have a fast dual core laptop), but just too jerky for me to play. Tried turning on and off the background loading, etc., but just not ready for prime time.

Too bad, too, as the graphics and gameplay seem quite promising, but the frustration with jerkiness and missing frames/swings just interrupts far too much for a golf sim.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 6:51 PM

You're generalizing too much. I have a 3-year-old notebook with only 1GB of RAM, and the game is running perfectly & smoothly on it, with about 10 other software applications running simultaneously with the game. You haven't stated whether you were running anything else on your computer simultaneously with the game, etc. etc. That is often more important than whether your computer is new or old, or how fast your Internet connection is.

PS: If the meter is jerky, just let it go all the way to the right and then take another swing. I need to do that occasionally during a round, but it isn't really disturbing the gameplay.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Sep 21 2009 2:04 PM

Hi Keith, have you also taken a look at all the tips for optimizing your system for playing WGT? http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/635/2552.aspx

RSS