Forums

Help › Forums

Re: What do you think? Dedication, obsession, or ....

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 20 2009 3:13 PM (6 replies)
  • donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 1:46 PM

I recently saw another players profile where they shot 54 rounds in a row of a particular tourney to the exclusion of anything else ... they did move up a little but not much, not enough in my opinion to have been worth the effort .... so is this dedication, obsession, or something else yet to be defined ... ???

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 2:21 PM

Wow! Thats a lot of rounds played in one day!! The most i ever played in one day was 25 rounds in  a day. But most of them were CTTH. I used to do that during the summer, but since i started to work, havent had as much time as i used to.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 2:31 PM

heyas Ed... I don't see where donsprinter indicated they were all in one day..  I see that he states "54 in a row" ... could be over the course of a few days/weeks?

As to the OP, I see it as someone trying to get a better score in an unlimited play tourney.  I know a lot of people tried the USOpen at Bethpage a good number of times in a row.

Have a nice day.

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 2:55 PM

Oh sorry .... 54 in a row ... 3 days i think ... CTTH ... ;-)

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 3:02 PM

Perhaps they were brand new and that was the only course/game that they were aware of...

I don't know.. just a guess.

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 3:04 PM

I thought so! I knew someone can't do 54 plays in a day! If you do that, you really dont have a life, playing for a day 54 times! 3 days seems O.K.

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 3:13 PM

This is a player who is well acquainted with WGT .... but in the interest of discretion i thought it best not to mention names ... i just thought it was an anomaly that merited some discussion ... i hope that helps ...

RSS