Forums

Help › Forums

Re: club distances

Sat, Oct 28 2017 5:37 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • oldhusker55
    6 Posts
    Sat, Sep 9 2017 10:57 AM

why is it on one shot a club will go 20 yrds farther into the wind and the next time the same club will go 30 shorter shorter with the wind behind it when the dinger was hit both times. there is no reason i can see for this dramatic change in distance. i have lost  lots of expensive balls because of this. when i hit my real clubs i know within about 10 or 15 yrds how far they will go when hit the same. i believe this just another way for wgt to screw people out of money to buy new balls and equipment

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sat, Sep 9 2017 4:30 PM

It's the week end after a clash, what do you expect?  The better your average, the worse it gets. I'm not a conspiracy believer, but I do believe in those that are greedy as hell.   I believe it's going to get worse too,  evidently ball sales is not high enough, hence the introduction of the  premier membership.  There are some out there that will tell you all sorts of things,  it's the same old blah blah, but those of us who play, and aren't in wgts pocket, know that there's all kinds of problems with the game.  Best advice is grin and bare it. Sorry to say that, but that's all you can do, complaints fall on deaf ears. Good luck to u.      Lucky

• lonniescott711
    4,181 Posts
    Sun, Sep 10 2017 10:21 AM

oldhusker55:

why is it on one shot a club will go 20 yrds farther into the wind and the next time the same club will go 30 shorter shorter with the wind behind it when the dinger was hit both times. there is no reason i can see for this dramatic change in distance. i have lost  lots of expensive balls because of this. when i hit my real clubs i know within about 10 or 15 yrds how far they will go when hit the same. i believe this just another way for wgt to screw people out of money to buy new balls and equipment

I take a lot into consideration when it comes to game play or game performance . I also take into consideration player complaints about game play or performance . Looking at your profile says to me the problem is on your end . You dont play enough to stay consistant with your clubs . You may think you do but you dont and thats why you are coming up short with your game play .

You have to always be willing to put your time in if you want to play well . You cant take off for months at a time and expect to come back , and play like you never left . You also dont have to spend any money on the game if you dont want to . I`ve been here for 6 years now and never spent a penny . I put my time in to play well and also to earn credits through surveys and the carousel videos .

So put your time in if you want to get better results from your game play .

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Tue, Sep 12 2017 3:35 AM

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Tue, Sep 12 2017 6:37 AM

TopShelf2010:

pdb1:
    When you start playing 100 , 200 , 300 ranked rounds per month . You will have unbelievable control over your equipment . 

Personally, I find this discussion rather interesting.... and truthful.

Back in my 'full blown addiction days', I was playing 7 to 10 rounds a day. Scores of 28,29 and 30 were common for a 9-Hole round. And HIO's came on a regular basis. 

Over the past year or so, I have been playing one 18-Hole round with the occasional 9-Hole round here and there. My scores have changed drastically. More often than not I end up around -5 to -7 on 18 holes and -3 or .-4 on 9 holes on good days.

So there might very well be some truth to the "play more' theory.

Don

+1.  Very well said Don.  "Practice makes perfect", as we've always been told since childhood.

phred952

• GrampaD26354
    17 Posts
    Wed, Oct 18 2017 3:35 PM
    Well, well said my friend. I've been playing the game since 2013 and there's not much I could add, except for one thing. The WGT developers LOVE their godlike players and cheaters. if you're one of them...or, if you're level exceeds 100...the best benefit is that the game no longer crocks your shots.
  • Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Wed, Oct 25 2017 9:24 PM
    It's been beaten before. And it will be beaten again. In fact it's probably being beaten right now..............................Just saying. :-)
  • PAGES
RSS