Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Best golf balls

Sun, Sep 3 2023 8:12 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2018 12:40 PM

I’ve I’ve tried most expensive balls, but I’m settling with Titleist L42. Think they have the most forgiveness, that’s what I think anyway.

• RickEh
    104 Posts
    Mon, Aug 5 2019 8:41 PM

Aboogaba:

on the slow meter thing..... I was interested in getting the expensive 5 distance balls , but the meter speeds are way too slow ,, ruins the timing and the rhythm of the shot .   The only custom balls u can get with zero metre speed only have a distance of 2.    You can practice with stock starter fee balls all yu want to and the meter  speed wont change and  u wont waste expensive balls .    wgt knows this and will not offer balls at 5 distance with 0 metre speed but wgt ruined it for their selves with their own sleaze bag proto call because slow metre speeds are stupid, take too long and ruin the game so I cannot purchase distance 5 balls anyway after being forced to do so by sleazebag proto call ,, because wgt don't have any with fast metre speeds . Ha , what a joke.

Wgt does this because clubs that have low meter speed which are impossible to hit with a 0 meter ball like the taylormade lev 90 irons and m5 driver become useable if you use 5 meter balls. So you either play with shorter clubs with 4.5 meter speed and lose distance with the 0 meter balls or use low  3.0 meter clubs that go further but are unplayable with a 0 meter ball... so to be able to compete... you have to buy expensive balls.... it takes so long to get into the good low meter clubs that players get used to the expensive ball crutch and continue using them after getting the upper level high meter clubs. They are training you to make them more money....  i refuse to use expensive balls  the 98 credit wgt starter ball with the 2.5 meter speed is the most expensive one I will use. This way the distance and spin etc stay the same. I feel using the same ball will increase your skill whether it it a 2000 credit titleist or a 0 credit starter ball. Another reason I prefer starter 0 distance balls is because what you see on the club distance is pretty close to what you get for distance when you hit it 100%. Everything wgt does in this so called game is find new ways to milk you out of money.. or time watching videos for hours on end. You might think the credits are free... they are not... every time any of the millions of players watch a video... wgt gets paid by the advertiser....  they are worth billions of dollars and the only reason they will change something is if they think it will make them more money.

That is why they dont make 0 meter 5 distance balls.....

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Mon, Aug 5 2019 11:17 PM

I would be willing to bet if they did make a 5 distance 0 meter speed ball that the person begging for them would whine about them not being playable because the meter is too fast.

• NTXCajun
    5 Posts
    Sat, Mar 12 2022 8:36 AM

gottiboy1985:

I was just wondering in the opinions of you all the best balls for meter, distance, and spin. Under 700 credits. And are the 850 credit max platinum worth the credits? I see the it has everything i want but pretty pricey 

I know this is a pretty old post but, I'm new to WGT & recently leveled to 60... With that being said, I realized pretty quickly that I really enjoyed the game & to play at a level I would enjoy; I would need to invest in my equipment... So, I set a budget of 12,000 credits & actually found an offer where, if I signed up for a 3 month trial of SiriusXM ($3), I would get almost 13,000 credits (I did & canceled the trial after a week)... So, I invested in the best driver, best putter, decent 3 wood, really good irons, wedges & decent hybrid (I've since dropped for an extra wedge), could find at my level... I then began trying out balls (of course, I'm a tight wad so, I worked my way from the cheapest)... As of now, I've settled on the Calloway Chrome Soft Triple Track (L37+)... They're +/- 250 credits and have decent spin & durability, meaning I can stick a shot & even backup a closer wedge/short iron shot... Anyway, that's my 2 cents & I would agree with others, in that everyone is different and needs to find what works best for themselves (usually through trial & error)... 

• JoeS2955
    7 Posts
    Sun, Sep 3 2023 8:12 AM

I have bad eye hand coordination so I prefer a higher meter number for slower meter speed. Been using Callaway's 350 to 300 credit balls as get very good distance for the price. Value ball. My biggest grip is the longevity of these extra cost balls are way to short.  If I had better coordination, i'ed just play the standard issue balls. I see a lot of top tier players playing them. For my casual game, 350 is max I'll go. 

• PAGES
RSS