Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Hurricane Harvey

Sat, Sep 2 2017 2:57 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2017 11:51 AM

As terrible as this disaster was, I was very impressed by the actions taken by the people affected by it!

We have seen these storms before, although nothing like this rain, and a lot of people take action to save whats theirs, and help neighbors...

But the people of Texas didn't wait around for the government to help, or leave it in the hands of 1st responders who get paid to do this...the call went out for "anyone" with a boat to help and the response was overwhelming, and a beautiful sight to see in this day and age!!!!!

All I have been able to say is "WOW", words don't even do this justice....the people from all over the "Midwest" who gave their time and resources to help out, and the people of Texas have somewhat restored my faith in, and pride in this country!!

Thank YOU for showing the World what we are all about in the heartland of this great country!

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2017 1:42 PM

+1 Dan and everyone else.  Seeing what regular people have been doing to help out is just amazing.  It does give hope for our future as a Nation.

Jeff

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2017 2:27 PM

phred952:
    Thanks for your compassion and donation to help those people affected by this tragedy. 

Absolutely. I have been through my fair share of storms. I know the feeling of property damage BUT NOTHING like what has happened in all the small towns and cities along the coast of Texas. 

I have made multi donations to the Red Cross and I am going to help a family once things calm down.

GOD BLESS AMERICA - GOD BLESS TEXAS. Our prayers and thoughts are with all of you and being the STRONG Americans you are, YOU WILL STAND TOGETHER and YOU WILL REBUILD at a pace quicker and more efficient than any other state could do.

God help us all. Jeff   

• gonfission
    2,227 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2017 5:28 PM

Next time someone asks about Texas. Remind them of the disaster, followed by

player987654:
    Nonetheless, the sun shines and soon we will return to work and school.

A monument should be erected, with those words chiseled in granite

• MFuston
    439 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2017 6:09 PM

YES, what he said!  God Bless Texas, and God Bless America!

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Fri, Sep 1 2017 10:37 PM

+1 to all you guys.  This is the WGT community at its best. and I am proud to be a member.

Jeff

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sat, Sep 2 2017 3:46 AM

phred952:

+1 to all you guys.  This is the WGT community at its best. and I am proud to be a member.

Jeff

There are a numerous organizations you can donate money, food, gift cards, etc,etc. Go online, do your own research and you will find so many different ways you can help.

IF you haven't already, PLEASE, give and share your / OUR blessings with the people devastated from this storm. 

This storm has destroyed soooooo many lives. I'm sick. This will be my last post in this topic. GIVE of yourself and GIVE whatever you can afford - PLEASE.  

• BillyDoubt1974
    2 Posts
    Sat, Sep 2 2017 6:34 AM

Before, you may have been a little annoyed by us Texans bragging about our state and people.  Now you see why.  This is what we do.  We aren't victims. Yeah, we got slapped around a bit, but you don't learn about someone by how they were knocked down.  You learn about them by how they get up.  We are proud, but we ain't too proud to accept help when it's needed.  I'm especially gratefully to our neighbors along the Sabine River and the Cajun Navy.  Even though they knew they were eventually going to get hit, they came to our aid.  Houston opened it's doors twelve years ago to Louisiana when Katrina came in.  The Pelican State didn't forget and returned the favor when we needed it.  From state to state to state and house to house, that's what good neighbors do.  Time to take some frustration out on some wet dry wall now....lol

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sat, Sep 2 2017 12:36 PM

+1 Billy.

• TWEDLAKE
    174 Posts
    Sat, Sep 2 2017 2:57 PM

AYMEN! from a Cajun who's lived in Houston since 1998

• PAGES
RSS