skip nav

Forums

Re: Explain this!

Sat, Feb 23 2019 12:12 PM by pdb1. 34 replies.
  • andwhy67 France
    2,058 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2019 7:01 AM

ostfriedel:
     Who has killed John F. Kennedy?

Who was on the grassy knoll?

Digg
    Delicious
  • nammvett United States
    113 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2019 9:25 AM

Well dont forget that it also had the help of a 26+mph wind helping it go that far . From that distance it may not have hit the stick but the top of the hole . The hole is lined with a piece of pvc pipe which is hard plastic . Contact with that is like hitting concrete add that 26+ wind and yeah it can go that far and even farther .

This has to be the lamest excuse for wgt's incompetence yet!

Digg
    Delicious
  • AndyJames123 United Kingdom
    16 Posts
    Tue, Feb 19 2019 2:57 PM

wow,  now come on i love the game but that is outrageous. i do hope you got somewhere regarding customer service........them pins are coming out from here on in

Digg
    Delicious
  • pdb1 United States
    20,061 Posts
    Sat, Feb 23 2019 12:12 PM

I have never got in the habit of pulling the pin immediately following the shot . I don't think many other players do either . It is very rare that a shot that would otherwise have dropped in the hole is deflected by the flagstick .

But not so rare for the flagstick to be hit . Or the edge of the green , or the edge of a pond . Deflecting the ball into a wild ricochet . At any angle , for any distance .

These have happened to me dozens of times . Maybe hundreds . Which means it happens to players all the time .

It actually gives some live animation to the game . Making it seem like there are real obstacles and barriers out there . Obviously .

Especially when it happens frequently . I have recorded nearly 100 of these bloopers ( click here ). Which is not even 1/10th of the number of times I have seen it .

It is in the program . No big deal .

Digg
    Delicious
RSS