Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Southern England Links, the Most Active CC Tour on WGT

Sun, Dec 23 2018 2:11 AM (178 replies)
  • bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2018 12:57 AM

Hi. We do have quite a few mobile players but the majority of our members are PC users, although some also use both platforms.......We have a section on our proboards forum for our mobile users.....good luck but i dont know many clubs who are mostly mobile....Bubbs

Edit. FR accepted but no reply to my message and then deleted me off friend list. Lol.

If anyone wishing to join is friendly and active then we will make you more than welcome.

• PEnglish3
    117 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2018 7:13 AM

we have a mixture of both pc and mobile players, we have more pc players but we have a good size group who play on thier mobiles.

• Cameron122010
    23 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2018 6:32 PM

Mobile player here and let me assure any prospective members who play on mobile that you will not feel left out or ignored. We have a nice group of mobile only people , play in all the CC tourneys, etc. Theres always a lot going on believe me. The officers  /leadership in this club are unmatched in their dedication to making a really fun club to be part of. I can say without a doubt that being part of things here has made me a better player. Run, do not walk and send in an application and join the fun. 

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, May 26 2018 2:04 AM

Cheers Cameron. As you know , the transition in moving up tiers is easier here as you and other TMS and below use the same green speeds as the Champions  so when you get those greens as your default then it ain't such a big deal.

Plenty members comps here folks. Lots of variation and plenty of small credit comps.

Very generous bunch we have here and it's never just the top players who win as we give away lots to each tier......along with a very generous relief fund to help folk in need.

A member hit hard times recently and a few thousand dollars were raised internally to help him ......but I won't go into detail on that.

Contact me if want into family 

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2018 4:07 AM

We run 4 x 13 week Tours per year. Within that we have a Major each Tour.

For this Spring Tour our Major is at Pebble Beach. Always from default tees (which is the norm here) and with various green and wind speeds. Some ike the wind, some dont, some like fast greens wheras some prefer Champ........you gotta be good on them all to win a Major ;-)

Good turnout again for this and the battle continues

here

If you sick of easy tees........why not come here and play the game how it should be played.

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Thu, May 31 2018 3:41 PM

If 'Badly' is how it should be played then yes indeed i'm all over it.  :-)

• Stobsbee
    4,784 Posts
    Tue, Jun 5 2018 1:10 AM

Great people.

Great competitions and tournaments with excellent participation.

And a great forum.

What more could you want in a Country Club?

If your interested in joining give Bubbs a shout or sign up on our ProBoards Forum

Always loads going on with regular member organised and sponsored tournaments and lots of tips, help and guidance available from friendly and knowledgeable members.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Mon, Jun 11 2018 1:48 AM

As per Paul above, friendly and the most active club around.

Having just reduced our members over the last few months to those who join in our forum banter and play at least 3 or 4 events per week then we are looking for only members who will join in our fun.

Some clubs have 250 members with only a handful joining in........not here.

We dont use easy tees like a lot of other clubs, so if you just want to reduce your average with them tees, then this aint the place for you.

Better equipment and balls.......but go back to the pro/TP tees........dont see the point.

So contact us if you want top class competitions to play and fun stuff to join in with on our website.

Cheers

• bluey403
    1,525 Posts
    Mon, Jun 11 2018 3:29 AM

PREMIUM TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE

MONTHLY POINTSCORE

* 4 EVENTS PER MONTH - 20/30/40/50 Credit. BONUS POINTS TO KEEP EVERY PLAYER COMPETITIVE

SEL PREMIUM LEAGUE

* 12 WEEK SEASON - 3 DIVISIONS. 1 X 18 HOLE TOURNEY PER WEEK @ 25 credits

TRIPLE CROWN

* Novelty event, conducted every 3 months ( 3 tourneys @ 50 credit)

PREMIUM TOUR

* ONE 4 Round tourney per month ( 9 holes ) varying from 60 - 120 credit. Currently playing US Open. Next month is THE OPEN at Royal St Georges. Usually between 30 - 40 players competing.

Also regular Bracket tourneys with various entry costs catering for all tiers

As mentioned above, there are no pretenders at SEL

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2018 6:57 AM

Or you could just stay and stagnate at your present club where you might see your owner once a month or so, little or no tournies to speak of, leaving you with what? Wgt CTTH or Blitz games and maybe the odd Alt game if you can find one? At SEL we play every type of game known to wgt and golf in general. That includes two-ball and 3-ball matches where different tiers are paired together to help broaden the lower tier's experience.

One thing I must add though is, it is a big help if you have a gregarious nature and are able to mix in with people in general. So often we get newcomers who immediately they join they promise to do this or that but then go hide in a corner somewhere, never to be seen again. To those, stay where you are, you're surplus to requirements.

Your tier or skill level doesn't matter, it is more about attitude and the willingness to join in. Which in turn will further your experience and thereby naturally advance your skillset.

Give Bubbs a call now.

RSS