Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Southern England Links, the Most Active CC Tour on WGT

Sun, Dec 23 2018 2:11 AM (178 replies)
  • binkybaxter1
    1,556 Posts
    Mon, Oct 9 2017 9:09 PM
    SEL Double eliminator Matchplay Starting soon.............why dontcha come over + try it out?
  • bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sun, Oct 15 2017 1:05 PM
    The above competition has seen 66 members sign up........not bad for an in-house matchplay comp where every member has 2 chances before they are out.........Our new 13 week Autumn Tour starts tomorrow also.........so be quick ;-)........If you want an active club then there is not one more active than ours.........apologies for the look of this message as WGT still not fixed issue.........see first post for our proboards website.........join it then invite follows...........thanks
  • Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Sun, Oct 15 2017 2:18 PM
    So I know everyone has been wondering how the Ryder Cup went. I'm very pleased to say that the ROTW side WON in an incredibly close contest. You just know it's going to be "On like Donkey Kong" in next years event. Come get on board the SEL train now and be ready for the Ryder Cup 2018. It will blow your mind how many people are actively involved at this great CC.
  • NickJacklaus9
    14 Posts
    Mon, Oct 16 2017 6:00 AM
    Time for the daily BUMP to the top!
  • Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Mon, Oct 16 2017 5:25 PM
    Just to fill everyone in. We don't do Red Tee's here. A lot of our players have low averages and they earn them. Then they in turn help others earn their's. We lend each other a helping hand and keep pushing to improve. That's SEL.
  • bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, Oct 18 2017 2:28 AM
    As per Jacko above........correct we certainly dont. We had one person join from a red tee club (EZ 18, EZ 9 etc etc).........ask if we do easy tees to keep average down.....lol......no, natural talent here im afraid........he left and joined another EZ club........Point in playing constant EZ tees after tiering up and purchasing better equipment ?.........dont get it so thankfully we dont have any of those here.........hence we are a very good Inter CC team........so if you want to shoot low 50s of EZtees then no good here.........but we have plenty here who shoot those scores from the car park tees.
  • amateur4sure
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Oct 18 2017 7:58 AM
    A few of you already know but truth be told I came to SEL as Champion status, I didn`t know any better, My previous CC I loved because Topper, One of my best mates was there and run the Club, I played an awful lot of solo games, Mainly CCT`s and used to go out there and smash the courses, Little did I know or Realize the difference between Red Tees etc.. Honestly I didn`t, Never even thought of it, I just played what was in front of me and enjoyed every minute of it. Then the best thing Ever happened, Topper, Myself and and a fair few others came across/merged with SEL after Meeting these Guys in Finny`s World Cup, Every one of us got on like a house on fire, Everything was just perfect ! My first few weeks there I was trying to figure out why Everybody was kicking my ass in League and Multiplayer games, I`m not just talking about Champion Tier players oh no.. TL`s and above were all doing it grrrr.... Then it all clicked.. AHA Now I know what Red Tees are ffs.. Took me a long while before I could compete with the top 20-30 & more in SEL but due to the Help I received from these Awesome folk (and still receive!) my game has come on leaps and bounds and I`m improving all the time but it is all down to SEL and the inspiration that comes from being a part of this Wonderful Country Club! Everybody is willing to help Everybody else, Absolutely unreal... There are far too many people for me to name here and I`m scared of missing anybody so I`ll keep it simple... Thank You SELLERS for being who you are!
  • Justripit1
    19 Posts
    Wed, Oct 18 2017 6:45 PM

Great post Chris :)  I came to SEL from a large 240+ member cc that had 0 activity. I just got lucky to play with one of the members and asked him what his CC was like. 3 Months later and I can't imaging playing anywhere else.  I Cant tell you enough how great the people are and how much time they put into making this a great place to play. 

If your like I was and just want an active club with great people then SEL is for you. From fun stuff like our pairs competitions to serious bring your A game leagues or a 3 week tournaments like our Ryder cup we just finished. You'll find no better place to call home.

It's been mentioned but i'll say it again, don't let the name fool you. No matter what time zone you live in we have active people playing all the time. 

I could go on and on but if you'd like to know more just send me a friend request and an invite and let's play one :)

Kat

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Fri, Oct 20 2017 3:59 PM
    Please read all that goes on in club on first page.....yeah the great comps we have here and the friendly banter we have is the reason all our members are active.....also the wgt mess with forum does not affect us as we have our own proboards site.......register on proboards and you will then be invited to join....then you will see for yourself....or register....have a look at all the banter going on.....plus the standard of our league tables.....and decide from there.......old style forum is a mess......ours is not.......cheers.
RSS