Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Gift Of Golf Foundation

Sun, Oct 1 2023 7:32 PM (1,387 replies)
  • ro1230
    12 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2020 6:24 AM

Seems kinda funny to me, nominating myself for some help from this wonderful (majorly) community of WGT Ladies and Gents.

I have recently upgraded my golf clubs, which have almost bumped me up to Tour Master tier. Got the Callaway ERC L34 balls as a reward on the Tap-In thing on the WGT mobile app. I would definitely hope to receive the same balls or better (depending on your generosity, whoever is reading this). Can't buy credits because I'm a broke college kiddo with no money to spend here.

I definitely feel like there will be more players out here actually deserving such gifts, with much better life stories to share unlike me, but who knows. *fingers crossed*

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2020 9:14 AM

Are you taking donations this month Casey?

• AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2020 10:03 AM

ro1230:
    I have recently upgraded my golf clubs [driver and 2 wedges on May 22nd and Loudmouth apparel on May 29th]. . . Can't buy credits because I'm a broke college kiddo with no money to spend here.
    Not sure I understand those two sentences. 

• Ladychipper
    22,630 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2020 10:17 AM

Got the Callaway ERC L34 balls as a reward on the Tap-In thing on the WGT mobile app. I would definitely hope to receive the same balls or better (depending on your generosity, whoever is reading this). Can't buy credits because I'm a broke college kiddo with no money to spend here.

Looks like he is asking for some balls to me.

• ro1230
    12 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2020 10:27 AM

AlaskanDame:

Bought items after 8 months of watching free ads on the mobile app lol. 

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2020 10:28 AM

Ladychipper:
    Looks like he is asking for some balls to me.

That's way I read it as well. It's actually a pretty straightforward and reasonable ask. 

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2020 3:16 PM

ro1230:
    Seems kinda funny to me, nominating myself for some help from this wonderful (majorly) community of WGT Ladies and Gents.

Hello Ro ,  I can submit your request to the panel of 5 . You will need 3 out of 5 votes to be accepted . I will contact you before the 14th and let you know . ( friend request sent ) 

Good Luck .

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2020 8:35 PM

Hi Casey,

I'd like to nominate my IRL friend, weekly golfing partner and coworker GabrahamDrinkin.

Another coworker, and fellow WGT member, and I got Gabe to join WGT after our workplace was closed and we couldn't play IRL anymore. He joined right away and we've been having a lot of fun ever since playing blitz games and some AS with conveyorguy.

Now I know he hasn't played a lot of RRs, but that has never mattered to me. We've been playing 2-3 times/week and he loves this game and he's having fun. I think he'd be having even more fun if he realized that playing with better clubs would improve his game.

With that said, he's currently playing with low level clubs and if the GoGF could set him up with a set of irons (he's L30), I think he'd start to see how much more fun this game can be.

I know that you're not taking donations right now, but if the Pof 5 approves his nomination, I will kick in some L30 wedges to him (OK, I was gonna kick in the wedges anyway, so no pressure).

Thanks in advance.

MC/Wayne

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2020 4:27 AM

mrcaddie:
    I'd like to nominate my IRL friend, weekly golfing partner and coworker GabrahamDrinkin.

Thanks MC , I will add him to the list .

• AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2020 9:28 AM

ro1230:

AlaskanDame:

Bought items after 8 months of watching free ads on the mobile app lol. 

I see.  Ty for responding.

RSS