Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Le Golf National (France)

Mon, Sep 25 2017 4:56 PM (6 replies)
  • 70unjour
    20 Posts
    Fri, Aug 11 2017 2:14 AM

Hello,

Would it be possible to have Le Golf National (The Albatros course) in WGT?

https://www.golf-national.com

https://www.golf-national.com/l-albatros/

The course is really amazing, it will host the 2018 Ryder Cup, and I really think it would be fantastic to have it in WGT.

I hope we will be able to play it online soon.

70unjour

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Fri, Aug 11 2017 11:56 AM

Probably not, due to travel costs, if nothing else.  Consider us lucky that we (hopefully) get the US Open Courses each year it is played at a course we don't have.

• TarheelsRule
    5,462 Posts
    Wed, Aug 16 2017 12:07 PM

I thought that we were lucky to have the agreement with the US Open and the British Open back when we had it.   It requires the agreement plus an agreement with the course, which was the reason the British Open agreement terminated.

I would rather see WGT work to get an agreement with the PGA so that they can put the courses on that are used for the PGA each year.  It would have been great to get Quail Hollow this year as a new course.

The expense side is too great to go much outside the US I would guess.  You have the helicopter that takes the pictures that has to be transported (I assume) and the extra expenses of the crew that does it.

I would like to see them add two courses a year as they had said they would do back years ago, even if one of the two is a true golf course.

Give up the custom courses and best of courses and put some fresh courses on here.

• TuckerPrestonJr
    1,380 Posts
    Sat, Sep 23 2017 8:00 AM

I wish !!

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sat, Sep 23 2017 8:11 AM

TarheelsRule:
    The expense side is too great to go much outside the US I would guess.  You have the helicopter that takes the pictures that has to be transported (I assume) and the extra expenses of the crew that does it.

Expenses would be higher but I suppose that a lot would be hired locally. Plus, now a lot may be done by drones...

I'm afraid that not only the cost argument is against new courses.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Sep 24 2017 1:31 PM

alosso:
    Plus, now a lot may be done by drones...

This should significantly reduce the initial cost. 

I am sure regardless of location, there should be potential joint venture partners - clubs who would love the exposure of their clubs and be willing to pay part of the costs. TG/WGT need to start thinking outside of their current model, especially after losing Oakmont.

A net gain of zero.....not exactly moving ahead.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Mon, Sep 25 2017 4:56 PM

Maybe if enough of the membership, joins the premier club, they could use all that big money?  Well maybe this should go under the thread, silly suggestions? 

RSS