skip nav

Forums

Re: The Music Thread

Tue, May 19 2020 2:00 AM by Duckster789. 1,724 replies.
  • craigswan United Kingdom
    16,566 Posts
    Mon, Oct 7 2019 12:27 PM

• JFidanza United States
    1,674 Posts
    Mon, Oct 7 2019 5:14 PM

• goldeena Thailand
    1,946 Posts
    Wed, Oct 9 2019 6:07 PM

Well this is a story,

I was on the 8th and everything suddenly came to me - you've been showboating a little bit too much young lady and it's about time you reigned your neck in and got your feet back on the ground...you need Brian Clough to walk in right now and tell you off for it young madame!!

Then I missed the 8th!!

It was an awkward deceiving putt where the dots change direction at the slightest detour from what I thought was the break, one of those and, well it just shaved the cup, even changed its travel slightly and I thought "well it's a good thing you don't get the 25 right now, it gives you something for later hey - and 26 was heaven last week so don't knock it and get your head straight.

Then this happened on the 9th....

If you're open to fate you might say I was gifted that for my sobering change of attitude that occured during the game and that's a fair statement. I'm half pi55sed because of the damned 8th lololos - but I can't can I, no - predictor converging all you like, getting closer to pin until the cows come home - you can only call that a gift and I look forward to making a 'perfect 25' in future and then who knows..... mybe the unthinkable, so I won't think.

Just Play.

• DoctorLarry United States
    3,400 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2019 10:24 AM

goldeena:
    Then this happened on the 9th....

Very nice!

I usually have trouble getting close to that one!

• Dougie4042 United States
    4,381 Posts
    Sun, Oct 27 2019 6:21 AM

• IvaThongon Canada
    930 Posts
    Sun, Oct 27 2019 3:17 PM

There's a new remix of this out there now, but this is something else. Makes me smile and cry.

• Jimbog1964 Guernsey
    8,362 Posts
    Tue, Dec 10 2019 4:50 AM

RIP Marie Fredriksson

I remember this release and others they made as if yesterday.  Driving along knowing my hard party days were behind me but happy with it, and happy listening to this with the window down...................Great memories.

Too soon but one great knock:

• ScottHope United Kingdom
    6,577 Posts
    Tue, Dec 10 2019 10:38 AM

That's sad news Jim. I'd never heard of Roxette before I started work in a small electronics company many years ago. There were a couple of sisters in the assembly shop who liked to have their thrash metal music playing to relieve the boredom, and occasionally they would mellow out and play some Roxette. So many years have passed so quickly it's frightening, but I still have a couple of their tracks on my playlist.

• Duckster789 United States
    524 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2020 9:20 PM

One of my favorite Rush tunes.

R.I.P. Neil Peart.

• JFidanza United States
    1,674 Posts
    Sun, Feb 16 2020 9:04 PM

RSS