Forums

Help › Forums

Re: putter meter speed

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 15 2009 7:15 AM (5 replies)
  • Raptor06
    2 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2009 1:55 PM

I'm a little surprised the starter set has the lowest meter speed.  I came to the pro shop looking for a slower meter, not a faster one!  Is this really correct?  Anything outside 7-8 feet is almost impossible to hit perfectly.

• hbthree
    478 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2009 3:05 PM

not true, one can hit any putt perfectly if you mean hitting the "excellent" bar.  You must also, direct the putt accurately as well if you want toth make putts of any real length.  HBTHree

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2009 6:04 PM

HBThree is correct, Raptor06, you just need to practice more. Also, the Spider putter's meter speed is as slow as the starter putter's speed, I believe. And you can further slow it down with GI-D ballls. On the other hand, I recommend for you to get the Ping Redwood putter; although it has a faster meter speed, it offers far greater precision; successful 10+ft putts are possible with the Redwood on a regular basis if you hit it right & line it up right.

• Raptor06
    2 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2009 7:59 PM

i realize it's possible to hit the excellent bar, and i do it routinely on full swing with club in the bag but my putter meter gets choppy as it accelerates.  the other clubs don't.  any explanation for that?

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Tue, Sep 15 2009 4:51 AM

Please search 'lag' in the search box to the right.

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Tue, Sep 15 2009 7:15 AM

Also Raptor06, try turning Off the putting grid in Options. This has proven to help with the putting meter Countless times.  Actually WGT, why is this an option at all? I can`t think of Any good reason to have the grid on. I don`t think it`s helpfull in learning the break and, it would stop several hundreds of these posts from the git-go!   Cheers

RSS