skip nav

Forums

Re: Adobe Says It Will Kill Flash by 2020

Wed, Aug 14 2019 1:30 PM by TopShelf2010. 9 replies.
  • TonyPiech United States
    216 Posts
    Tue, Jul 25 2017 4:08 PM

In a CNET article Flash Is dead, killed by Adobe on 12/31/2020.  Some browsers will restrict its use before then. What does WGT say?

Digg
    Delicious
  • jayw4862 United States
    3,201 Posts
    Tue, Jul 25 2017 5:05 PM

TonyPiech:
    What does WGT say?

If anyone from HQ does answer your question (which they won't) they'd probably say "Play the mobile version".

Interesting piece on Flash games (from June 23, 2017)

HERE

Digg
    Delicious
  • TonyPiech United States
    216 Posts
    Tue, Jul 25 2017 5:37 PM

I do play the mobile version ( and the desktop)the graphics are substantially superior to the desktop Flash version, but the features that exist in the mobile are fewer than the mobile; plus a mouse click seems easier than tapping your finger to get the "ding", at least for me.  Also, most in the CC play the desktop version.  You can't play a match when one is playing on a desktop, and you play the mobile version.

Digg
    Delicious
  • PRIESTESS United Kingdom
    9,986 Posts
    Tue, Jul 25 2017 6:20 PM

TonyPiech:

In a CNET article Flash Is dead, killed by Adobe on 12/31/2020.  Some browsers will restrict its use before then. What does WGT say?

Not 100% sure but i am guessing the existing flash based games will still be supported.. Flash will   cease to exist for new games planning on using that platform.

Digg
    Delicious
  • wldthng016400 Canada
    250 Posts
    Tue, Jul 25 2017 7:32 PM

TonyPiech:
    What does WGT say?

Nothing..............as usual....

Digg
    Delicious
  • garyk49 United States
    1,580 Posts
    Thu, Jul 27 2017 8:38 PM

PRIESTESS:

TonyPiech:

Not 100% sure but i am guessing the existing flash based games will still be supported.. Flash will   cease to exist for new games planning on using that platform.

Well sort of.

A couple of tidbits for reading, first the announcement, and then sort of a brief from a different site concerning what will happen.(time lines)

https://venturebeat.com/2017/07/25/adobe-taps-apple-google-facebook-microsoft-and-mozilla-to-kill-flash-by-2020/?

http://news.pogo.com/adobe-flash-announcement/

Digg
    Delicious
  • fatdan United States
    3,332 Posts
    Thu, Jul 27 2017 11:15 PM

Sounds like something I will worry about in sayyyyy, 2 to 2 1/2 years, that is IF I'm still here! (shaking head) lmao

Digg
    Delicious
  • Mcduff61 United States
    1,753 Posts
    Fri, Jul 28 2017 10:28 PM

//

Digg
    Delicious
  • donsprintr United States
    1,943 Posts
    Wed, Aug 14 2019 1:02 PM

PRIESTESS:

TonyPiech:

It looks like support for flash after EOL is not popular among browser manufacturers ... they'll probably follow the herd, and disallow flash to avoid looking like dinosaurs among the tech industry. So while the game will still run on flash, it may be hard to find a browser that will play it . That's what I think ...

Digg
    Delicious
  • TopShelf2010 United States
    8,628 Posts
    Wed, Aug 14 2019 1:30 PM

fatdan:

Sounds like something I will worry about in sayyyyy, 2 to 2 1/2 years, that is IF I'm still here! (shaking head) lmao

EPIC post all things considered.

LMAO

Don

Digg
    Delicious
RSS