Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Getting better without spending real cash

Fri, Oct 23 2020 5:34 AM (23 replies)
  • hls2014
    5 Posts
    Sat, Jul 22 2017 4:19 PM

I have reached a plataeu and am stuck.  Better clubs (when rent is free) make a huge difference (10-15 strokes).  Dont have enough credits and dont wish to spend any real money to improve.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Sat, Jul 22 2017 6:58 PM

You dont have to spend real money just do the surveys and videos is all it takes .Ive been playing now for 6 years and never spent a penny to play or upgrade my clubs . You look at my bag and you will see top clubs did all of my club upgrades by earning credits . So just put your time in and earn your way .

Its a process and its time consuming but it pays out in the end . As for the reaching your plateau you still have a long way to go for that to happen . There are also offers that you can do to get credits as well . Buy some flowers for your mom or girl and other offers too . Stay away from the gambling sites as most of them are ripoffs . Good luck hope it all works out for you .

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Sun, Jul 23 2017 1:03 AM

hls2014:
    Dont have enough credits and dont wish to spend any real money to improve.

So, my conclusion is that you don't want to improve.

That's fine, but then you have to take the consequences, dawdle around and see others passing you.

It might be fun but I doubt it :(

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sun, Jul 23 2017 4:12 AM

I would like to welcome you back to WGT after a long absence. You are right that you need to spend credits to get better equipment. You are also right in your desire not to spend cash (real money) but you are going to need to spend that other commodity that you have: TIME.

To get better, no matter what equipment that you use, you have to play. Every day is best.  Take notes, written or mental. The more rounds you play, the more consistent your game will become All of this takes time which you may or may not have.

You also need to set a goal for getting credits. One of the best ways I have found is to use   the WGT app on my smart phone. I do not use the app to play the game but I do get any where from 50 to 100 or more credits daily by watching videos as I do other things. Those other things include watching TV  or using the porcelain throne. I also do the video carousel every day. There are only 7 each day ( there use to be more available) with 100 views worth 75 credits. Doesn't seem like much but by the end of a year it ends up as 1916 credits. That's $20 I did not spend. I do check surveys and try to do a few every month, but these are not my major source of credits. Also it is worth checking some of the offers by vendors who will give credits for purchases. I once bought a pair of shoes that I needed and got 1000 credits. Win, win. My goal is 150 credits / day which equates to about 1 ball / day based on the cost of the ball I use.

Only you can decide how much time or money to invest. Just know that if you enjoy the game and want to improve, it will take some kind of investment.

• Thyknight2
    1 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2020 5:44 PM

That’s OK dude. Just enjoy it, it’s not life and death. Remember this is just a virtual game. Real golf is different. DO NOT listen these guys who are trying to pimp you up. 

of course, if gaming is your life. Spend time and money. There is no limit to your spending. It’s quick sand, and mostly buggy around the greens.  

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2020 6:08 PM

Thyknight2:

That’s OK dude. Just enjoy it, it’s not life and death. Remember this is just a virtual game. Real golf is different. DO NOT listen these guys who are trying to pimp you up. 

of course, if gaming is your life. Spend time and money. There is no limit to your spending. It’s quick sand, and mostly buggy around the greens.  

The previous last post this thread was 6/2017

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Mon, Jul 13 2020 8:52 PM

DonCaron:

It was actually 7/2017. FTFY ;)

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2020 7:39 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

DonCaron:

It was actually 7/2017. FTFY ;)

Lol, I should have just said 3 years ago

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2020 3:36 PM

DonCaron:
    Lol, I should have just said 3 years ago

LOL Nah, it's cool. Nothing wrong with that. ;)

RSS