Forums

Help › Forums

Re: country club clashes

Sat, Jul 22 2017 3:51 PM (6 replies)
  • muncher27
    416 Posts
    Fri, Jul 21 2017 2:27 PM

Firstly hope all are enjoying the clash, on to my question, I'm in a club that's got no members above legend status and normally come in the top 10, but what I can't help noticing is its the same club that wins all the time, they're full of tour legends and above so they're guaranteed to win the clash and one of their members gets the max cc putter, making them even stronger, I ask wgt what about giving all clubs and players a chance at getting this putter, at 400k this is out of reach of every player, in the real game tournaments give out a car to players that hole out in one, but I see its common place what about giving anyone a putter that holes out in one on a par 4, this is possible as I've done it myself on chambers bay 

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Fri, Jul 21 2017 11:26 PM

I'm afraid that you haven't understood the intentions and the mechanics of the Clashes and the "CC Passes" thing as a whole.

First, it's not skill that wins the Events but diligence and credits - the more games are played = Passes, balls and speed boosts used, the higher the chances. Apparently, Georgian have developed a perfect system to display as many points as needed to stay on top.

Second, the Golden Calf - ehm, Putter - must be the rarest of rarest to work as intended. The colour (RGB: 255, 215, 0 on your screen) and the price tag make it look precious and elusive like a Ferrari, difference being that the Ferrari's value can be proven on resale (impossible for the golden putter).

Third, you should know that independent tests by two players (one even payed the price) said that it has a mediocre performance only. Thus, the reality check of this coveted item fails.

At last, let me point out that many players have condemned the Clashes here as what they are: A commercial auction with no valuable winnings at all. Play it if you like, but don't pay too much for it - don't buy CC passes, NEVER!!

• ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Sat, Jul 22 2017 6:51 AM

Amen.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Sat, Jul 22 2017 7:35 AM

alosso:
    At last, let me point out that many players have condemned the Clashes here as what they are: A commercial auction with no valuable winnings at all. Play it if you like, but don't pay too much for it - don't buy CC passes, NEVER!!

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sat, Jul 22 2017 7:40 AM

As I said on bikinigirl's thread about the latest clash: it is a numbers game. The numbers that counts the most are how many of a club membership that play and how many times in each individual clash as well as the total of the 12 available clashes. The more often members buy passes and play the better the chance to win. Clubs with nearly 250 members have the best chance at the start. Want to win: get a club with 250 rich members. Doesn't matter if they are champions or legends or hacks, just how often they play.

• HalHoff
    813 Posts
    Sat, Jul 22 2017 11:57 AM

There is a total of 3 individual prizes...1 putter for 1st, 1 dozen balls for 2nd, 2 sleeves of balls for 3rd. 3 individuals, NOT everyone in your club gets the prize. Decide whether that is worth spending on because when you get there, your prize is no different than what you are getting right now.....a few free passes.

• ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Sat, Jul 22 2017 3:51 PM

HackWilson1930:

... as well as the total of the 12 available clashes. 

11 is the number available.

RSS