Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Cabo and Whistler tournaments

Mon, Jul 31 2017 9:53 PM (9 replies)
  • cricketrules
    1,050 Posts
    Wed, Jul 19 2017 6:25 AM

Are there never any free-to-play tournaments at Cabo and Whistler any more? I seem to remember WGT hosting these semi-regularly back in the day, but I haven't seen any when I've looked down the list of stroke play tournaments the past few weeks.

In fact, the whole TruGolf partnership seems to have pretty much ended. I'm sure initially the plan was to release a new TG course at least every year, but now they're even way down the list on the explore courses section. Are WGT gearing up for them to be removed? They wouldn't really be a loss, but they were fun to play once in a while in the free tourneys.

Jack.

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Wed, Jul 19 2017 6:37 AM

I think the post copied and pasted below is probably your answer:

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/435777/2981115.aspx#2981115

borntobesting

I don't think it will ever happen again. Shortly after the first of the year WGT removed Cabo And whistler from ready-gos and stopped using them in the weekly tournaments. Then they made a new best of par 3 best  of par 4 and best of par 5 using no Cabo or Whistler holes.

It could be that Tru-Golf complained about them using them without charging the green fees, It is Tru-Golf that gets the green fee payments not WGT. Or because Tru-Golf is on direct competition with one of WGT's new partners Skytrak.  Both make Golf Simulators.

• spaceghost88
    1,621 Posts
    Fri, Jul 21 2017 8:12 AM

They are punishing us for they're mistake!

They gave Cobo and whizzer a free play period and forgot to remove it from free status and then got mad because we did not remind them soon enough to do they're job so now they are making up and seem to have said never free again IS THAT FAIR?

I have put a considerable amount of $ into this game and do not feel it has been well managed or developed many promises made not kept wgt fail fish.

Oakmont was here when I came and no notice b4 removal was so unprofessional.

They screwed up not us but we suffer wow.

SG88

• mymanpayne
    6,136 Posts
    Fri, Jul 28 2017 7:23 AM

Would love to see more access to both of these courses, They are always a fun challenge

• kdownunder
    1,462 Posts
    Fri, Jul 28 2017 7:30 AM

Absolutely... these are great courses & we got dudded by WGT when they set up the Country Club competition at the time to create Par5 courses.  This meant that they took out Cabo & Whistler holes from the par old par 5 course.    The consequence:  less variety!   And presumably cheaper royalties for WGT.     Shame that the desired outcomes, i.e. deletion of Cabo & Whistler holes, were not made transparent in the marketing words about Country Club capacity to design a course. Because WGT never said the old WGT par 5 course including Cabo & Whistler holes  would cease to exist.

Variety is the spice of life !!!!!!!!!   

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Jul 28 2017 7:15 PM

kdownunder:
    Because WGT never said the old WGT par 5 course including Cabo & Whistler holes  would cease to exist.

They did tell the CC's that made them, they couldn't use those courses though

PS

How the heck are ya Kay?

Been awhile, figured I should say hi.

Hi!

• mmikkeelee
    591 Posts
    Sat, Jul 29 2017 7:23 PM

just played cabo for first time in years and tbh i really enjoyed it.

some cheeky green spots if you find them which i tend to do :)

please bring these courses back into ready go tournys the list is getting boring

mick :)

• cappiest
    1,345 Posts
    Mon, Jul 31 2017 9:53 PM

i am actually surprised Whistler and Cabo are still around, you must take in to consideration that Trugolf that owns the rights to those courses is a competitor somewhat to Topgolf which now owns WGT.

So I doubt we will ever see them for free play in any event ever again. Like I said I am actually surprised they are stil available at all, unless there was a contract length that needs to be honored.

RSS