Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Coins...What are they good for?

Fri, Feb 9 2024 5:27 AM (40 replies)
  • RickEh
    104 Posts
    Sat, May 11 2019 5:03 AM

Finally got it figured out.... after buying 2000 credits... and coins topped up to 500000.... so I could get the Titleist bundle.  On my mobile app it does not have the price... just a purchase button... pressed the button and it didnt do anything.. So I thought I needed more credits and coins before I could get the package.  I have a great screenshot of it. Anyways I looked at the deal in the website and noticed the price... oh crap....  anyways I just bought them... Figured I use the game a lot... may as well pay wgt a bit as it is free after all. Let me tell you... this has vastly improved my game. Makes it a lot more  enjoyable. If I were to buy some 20 buck balls I am sure it would be evrn better... but theres too much water on most of the courses and they wear out in a short period of time. So as Im not in it to win anything... and I can play scratch rounds without them now... no point.... So I will continue to play using the el cheapo, free starter balls. The Titleist driver isnt the longest one but its close... and very forgiving.  Now that I have all these credits I may upgrade to a longer driver... but it will have to be exceptional. Wont give up the Titleist driver for 10 more yards in the fescue.. lol.

I also noticed that any purchase unlocks all the courses... I use the android app and the same courses are there without any new ones showing. Also it really sucks not having mutiplayer in the app. I like relaxing  when i play... pretty hard to have my desktop computer with the mouse when lounging on the couch.  I much prefer the touch screen to play instead of a mouse. .  lots of people use tablets as well. Sure would be nice if WGT addressed these issues. It would make it even more fun for a lot of people.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sat, May 11 2019 5:15 AM

RickEh:

Finally got it figured out.... after buying 2000 credits... and coins topped up to 500000.... so I could get the Titleist bundle.  On my mobile app it does not have the price... just a purchase button... pressed the button and it didnt do anything.. So I thought I needed more credits and coins before I could get the package.  I have a great screenshot of it. Anyways I looked at the deal in the website and noticed the price... oh crap....  anyways I just bought them... Figured I use the game a lot... may as well pay wgt a bit as it is free after all. Let me tell you... this has vastly improved my game. Makes it a lot more  enjoyable. If I were to buy some 20 buck balls I am sure it would be evrn better... but theres too much water on most of the courses and they wear out in a short period of time. So as Im not in it to win anything... and I can play scratch rounds without them now... no point.... So I will continue to play using the el cheapo, free starter balls. The Titleist driver isnt the longest one but its close... and very forgiving.  Now that I have all these credits I may upgrade to a longer driver... but it will have to be exceptional. Wont give up the Titleist driver for 10 more yards in the fescue.. lol.

I also noticed that any purchase unlocks all the courses... I use the android app and the same courses are there without any new ones showing. Also it really sucks not having mutiplayer in the app. I like relaxing  when i play... pretty hard to have my desktop computer with the mouse when lounging on the couch.  I much prefer the touch screen to play instead of a mouse. .  lots of people use tablets as well. Sure would be nice if WGT addressed these issues. It would make it even more fun for a lot of people.

Sounds to me like you enjoy the game?

• AlaskanDame
    18,964 Posts
    Sat, May 11 2019 8:29 AM
    So now you have the Titleists, 4000 credits and a million coins. Cool! But, on my app, your driver, wood and hybrid show “18 days left.” For 99 bucks, aren’t they permanent!?
  • RickEh
    104 Posts
    Sat, May 11 2019 12:52 PM

Yes... the clubs are permanent.... and due to the confusion... WGT has offered to refund the coin and credit purchases I made as well.  I love golf but am a wounded warrior who cant walk.... It gives me something to do.....

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 9:55 AM

Robert1893:
    Say it again, why'all
    Coins huh, good god
    What are they good for
    Absolutely nothing, listen to me

Brilliant! I thought I was maybe loony, having thousands of these coins with zero notion of what I could possibly do with them. And yet like an idiot I still obsessively crank on that free spinner to get (a few) more useless coins every day.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 10:43 AM

zagraniczniak:

Robert1893:
    Say it again, why'all
    Coins huh, good god
    What are they good for

Brilliant! I thought I was maybe loony, having thousands of these coins with zero notion of what I could possibly do with them. And yet like an idiot I still obsessively crank on that free spinner to get (a few) more useless coins every day.

I do the same thing,. I'll never play a coin game

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Nov 13 2019 1:08 PM

DonCaron:

zagraniczniak:

Robert1893:
    Say it again, why'all
    Coins huh, good god
    What are they good for

I do the same thing,. I'll never play a coin game

in 3 days I’ve won 10 scratchers twice, the first 10 I earned 30k, and the 10 today earned me 27k, not bad, but I too don’t play any coin or turf wars, just using them to upgrade my pants.

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Wed, Nov 13 2019 4:19 PM

You can use coins to upgrade your favorite apparel when it reaches certain level. That way you can have hat that makes your driver over 300 yard. Which at the moment doesnt have some great value, xcept in those coin rooms where u play longer drives and winning more coins :)

But, if its true that wgt will allow use of apparel in more tournaments, then you can benefit in credit from your xtra pants or hats :) That would be point where coin meets credit. But I hope that will not happen

Nik

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Thu, Nov 14 2019 5:03 AM

It will be interesting to see how the computer side of the game evolves over the next year. If performance enhancing clothing reaches the computer side it will make winning tournaments so similar to Barry Bonds Jr's records or Lance Armstrong's  victories that we will no longer want to play in RTG's. 

There have always been tales of outside aids or  multiple accounts being used to win WGT events but at least nothing has come from the inside other than equipment improvements that are bases on reality. A nicer sweater or a pink hat should not be used to improve scores. The game now needs to worry about performance enhancing clothing or PEC's. 

Let's fight to ban PEC's in WGT!

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Thu, Nov 14 2019 5:35 AM

Been playing a bit of mobile recently, and just by donning a swing edge bucket hat my driver now hits 296, probably more with another upgrade, I thought the added distances were only during coin and ‘turd’wars, but mine seems to play that distance on some bulk standard ranked rounds also.

a bug surely?

RSS