• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Thu, Jul 13 2017 1:26 PM

replay looked like it was a shanked shot

• Bowl64
    3,083 Posts
    Fri, Jul 21 2017 2:26 AM

irisheyez5:

why does this keep happening  .....  with  228  yards  or so  to pin on 8th hole erin hills, 10-12 head wind i hit  95% power with 3 wood 3/4 bs  and  shot always  duffs  trickles ahead like i used my putter ................  this  has happened  at least 5x in past week     is there a glitch????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

3 wood  BS

Yep, i had the exact same shot with the same "result" lol. Maybe it`s just an unplayable spot with a 3w, maybe a glitch.

Bjorn

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Sun, Jul 23 2017 1:30 AM

YankeeJim:
    I think Mags nailed it, there's no bug, just a very steep slope that doesn't appear to be as steep as it actually is. I went out there in practice mode and took these shots-a 3W from 228, a 3i from 228 and 220 and a 4i from 220.

Maybe it is not a bug, but it is unrealistic! 

The ball hits the ground only a few yards in front of where the shot is hit.....with a 15 degree loft, a fast swing speed generated (bear in mind - we are pros) and backspin, this is highly unlikely. Not impossible, but it is unlikely.

Where people are hitting and the ball moves inches (unless a really bad miss on the ding) it would be impossible - we are not hitting over a mountain!

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=5df8c4c3-8ba6-4165-be04-a7b90062d81e

Here was my effort - in fairness (it was a ding btw) I played left and caught the bank by the looks  - which is even higher, so makes it even more unlikely the ball would catch the fairway. 

Edit - Ok, I just noticed this, but the lie in the replay is showing Medium Brush 2-5%. This is very interesting as it clearly stated...in the fairway when it landed - and I had 100% fairways hit......interesting (and this would explain if the ball does not get the expected elevation).

• Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Sun, Jul 23 2017 5:20 AM

Were you playing UL Gary? If not, everything about lofts etc have no meaning. That is what it means EL...you don't face situations like this or at least should have been this way. When you play EL and facing a shot like if you were playing UL, is clearly an error of programming.

• Yiannis1970
    3,261 Posts
    Sun, Jul 23 2017 5:35 AM

Just tried out...just be on the right side of the fairway Gary and the 3wd full back spin stroke will work well. If not, play a lay up till wgt corrects it.

• irisheyez5
    1,753 Posts
    Sun, Jul 23 2017 10:20 AM

Yiannis1970:
    Were you playing UL Gary

No , it was even lie , this is why i was surprised at how it plays from there ....  agreed there is an elevation but with full backspin it should easily make it over ,  if its playability is consistant with any other situation in game ....  in  any event, glitch or not ,guess we need to be aware and play accordingly .  tnx for  the feed back everyone .

cheers 

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Sun, Jul 23 2017 11:07 AM

So the consensus is?

"No bug or bug?"

Icon, can you look at this?

• PAGES
RSS