Help › Forums

Re: Almost ridiculous at times.

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 30 2017 9:47 AM (24 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, May 29 2017 6:56 AM

HandyMcNab:
    Regarding the meter mine funnily never stutters on a third putt for instance!

Well, not to put too fine a point on it, but on your 3rd putt, you should be right next to the hole. How much meter is there to stutter for a putt of that length?

HandyMcNab:
    So to infer that it has something to do with my computer seems strange.

Technically, the suggestion is that it has to do with flash and not not the computer. That's a difference with a distinction. There are many posts on this and how to address it.

Of course, you can simply ignore the information and advice that people have offered over the years and continue to experience the problems you note. Or you can take some of the steps offered by others and maybe address those issues. The problem with the latter is that it then becomes more difficult to blame the game for bad shots. :-)

One place to start for great advice is Pinhunters' website:

http://shortgrass123.wixsite.com/pinhunters

Another place for great advice is ScottHope's home page (see, especially, "Delete Flash Cache" from right navigation column):

http://www.wgt.com/members/scotthope/default.aspx 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, May 29 2017 7:16 AM

pdb1:

There is nothing more consistent than a computer program that repeats accurately . 

That is what we have here . A very precise game .

Well said. 

If the game didn't offer consistency, then no one would be able to shoot good scores on a regular basis. And the reality is that they do.

For example, I've tracked almost all of my scores. For Legend tier and Tour Legend tier, below is the score distribution. That distribution strikes me as fairly consistent.And I don't consider myself to be a great player. 

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Mon, May 29 2017 8:12 AM

Its not about being an expert its just those willing to share what has worked for them . Too many times Handy we have seen this type of post and its always the same . Blame WGT for everything that goes wrong . You have been here long enough to know how to do more than simply complain .

How many of the work arounds have you tried to make the game play better ? There are so many things between you and WGT that could be causing you the problems that you are having . So instead of complaing try explaining whats wrong and what you have done to try to fix it . You will be amazed at the help and advice you will get to help you out .

We all get frustrated with the game at one point or another . If you just want to vent we understand that too . But if you want and need help then that too is here for the asking or the searching >>>>>> .

Everything that I know about how to maintain my system to play the game , I learned right here in the forum . This holds true for the majority of us who play . So again instead of complaining spend the time learning what you need to do for a better game . Because the only thing that is truly ridiculous is some one who wont take the help , that is being given so freely .

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Mon, May 29 2017 9:41 AM

+1 Lonnie.  As the old saying goes, "You can lead a horse...".

• HandyMcNab
    58 Posts
    Tue, May 30 2017 12:26 AM

It is absolutely amazing to me!

• HandyMcNab
    58 Posts
    Tue, May 30 2017 12:31 AM

All these solutions do not tackle the fact that it only happens on important shots or when you are doing far to well for your level of play. People repeat the same old stuff about caches and browsers and if you read my piece carefully I never in fact complained about bad shots I was complaining  about what should have been good shots but then as I am obviously way below the average in mental capacity on this forum what would I know. I still think it is the only half decent golf game around.

• HandyMcNab
    58 Posts
    Tue, May 30 2017 12:33 AM

This is because they have paid money and continue to do so. How many top players are there using starter clubs?

• HandyMcNab
    58 Posts
    Tue, May 30 2017 12:47 AM

Thanks for the ticking off but if you read my piece you will see that I was blaming no one for anything. I was merely stating that I would prefer a game that did not have these wild abberations. If you have money and plenty of time of course you can become very good. It's a bit like buying a University Diploma. I still find it hard to believe that people actually believe what they are saying on these forums.

Surely if you can buy expertise in the way of clubs and balls then it indicates that WGT have total control over every aspect of the game. It is very clever. I have however read many times on these forums people who have become peeved as they have spent loads of money and feel they too are being messed around.

I have no axe to grind. WGT built the game to make money.It works on the same basis as Candy Crush.

I am not asking for help although there are so many experts willing to offer. I was merely saying what form of the game I would prefer. Read it again if you do not believe me.

I am more than jealous of all the superb WGT players who are such experts and have such amazing skills.

Thank you so much for all the offers of help.

RSS