Forums

Help › Forums

Re: oakmont?

Mon, Sep 18 2017 5:39 PM (28 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Fri, Sep 15 2017 4:17 PM

MainzMan:
    Oakmont was far and away the best course on here.  Brutal for sure but it really separated the wheat from the chaff.

+1

I absolutely loved Oakmont. Played some of my best and worst golf on that course. I thought the setup of that course was just about as perfect as one could get. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Sep 15 2017 5:16 PM

Robert1893:

MainzMan:
    Oakmont was far and away the best course on here.  Brutal for sure but it really separated the wheat from the chaff.

+1

I absolutely loved Oakmont. Played some of my best and worst golf on that course. I thought the setup of that course was just about as perfect as one could get. 

Loved Oakmont and Can't wait to get it back. I Hope

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Sep 15 2017 5:18 PM

MainzMan:

bineysr:

Good riddance to Oakmont.  By far my least favorite course on WGT.

Oh ye of little talent.  Don't blame the course for your own inadequacies, face up to the fact that you don't possess the required skills to play the course well.

+1

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Sep 16 2017 6:03 AM

Robert1893:

@Jim

Everything I ever thought or said bad about you, I take back! Thank you!!! 

Indian giver.  :-P

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Sat, Sep 16 2017 6:23 AM

LOL! 

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Mon, Sep 18 2017 4:14 PM

MainzMan:

Oh ye of little talent.  Don't blame the course for your own inadequacies, face up to the fact that you don't possess the required skills to play the course well.

Lot of people (the vast majority) confuse skills with the best equip you can get here (mostly balls)...wich means tons of help

And yes, Oakmont was also always my favourite course of this site

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Sep 18 2017 4:51 PM

LEDzZzEPP:
    Lot of people (the vast majority) confuse skills with the best equip you can get here (mostly balls

OMG, this is so true. I cringe when I see those expensive balls in the hands of players that don't have a clue. The irony is, deviation is a bigger factor with the more expensive balls so the mistakes are magnified. They're fine if you have game but 90% of what I see don't. 

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Mon, Sep 18 2017 5:04 PM

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Sep 18 2017 5:39 PM

Remember I was beach fishing .................Chap walks up with the best money could buy Swedish Abu Garcia rod, reel and the works....

I gently let him know you have to get it out a bit further to stand a chance here........

The guy was more likely to take his head off throwing that 5oz weight out beyond 30 yards than reach 40, and pretty much guaranteed a birds nest beyond 25 yards anyway.....

Happens everywhere:)

RSS