Help › Forums

Re: PLEASE Fix swing meter jerkiness

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 6 2019 1:52 AM (28 replies)
  • alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Thu, May 25 2017 5:15 PM

frappefort:
    Better not load it while playing because any additional CPU or RAM load might cause trouble, as well as LAN or Wifi loads...

• ZR1Tom
    12 Posts
    Thu, May 25 2017 5:29 PM

Interesting:  I tried to play the game on my Samsung Galaxy Tabs 10.1 yesterday and for the first time got the jerky meter.........hmmmmmmmmmm

• bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Sun, May 28 2017 10:35 PM

DavStan:

I don't totally agree with the meter being jerky always being on the players end, most of the time my meter is smooth, but I can play the qualifier for the US Open and by the sixth hole my meter is so unstable that there is no way to post a solid score, whether I'm using a level 7 Lethal or a level 81 Nike. If I play just a round at Erin Hills with friends my meter is good. I have a top notch gaming pc and I only play 2 games on it total, nothing extra installed nothing running in the background so I know its not my pc.

At the first signs of jerkiness on your meter ask your friends if it is OK to refresh on your turn. Most ppl are understanding and will allow it.

Another tip is to hold your backswing for 4 or 5 sec , apparantly it gives your CPU's time to settle down.

I am no expert but I know what works for me.

Keep your computer clean !! Find a rtiual that works for you and stick to it. There are many threads on that.

• TeoRex
    10 Posts
    Mon, May 29 2017 1:00 PM

Browser version is almost unplayable for me few past weeks. It have some tiny moments when I can catch the meter, but it's VERY unstable and unexpected.

On Android device it was good all that time. But few last days notice some jerking there too.

Don't have a big knowledge in programming, plugings and other such things, can only say my own opinion from previous "periods of jerking" (not SO huge and terrible).

Saw a similar thing sometimes when game's servers was pretty busy (fridays nights for example). And if many different guys with different computers says about this problem, case is not on thier ends. Lags began after US Open including to game (as I can notice). Small at first, but bigger and bigger with time.

So, from my point of view, not only our cache needs to reguilar clearing (I do it every time before logging in WGT btw), but game servers too. Or even some upgrating for so huge event with many thousands players like USO Qualifing.

This game became my favorite in whole internet (which another sport game may be played on gagets the same as on PCs?), and I really don't want to lose it due to "meter jerking"...(((

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Tue, May 30 2017 8:00 AM

It is possible to have meter problems on PC after a browser or flash update.  Many of us have great success using Maxthon Cloud or Maxthon 5 browsers and setting them up to never update either the browser or flash.

Also during peak time lately the server load has been much higher, effecting loading times.  However it should not effect the meter, as the consensus is that takes place only on your computer.

Hope this helps a bit.

phred952

• TAZMANDTC
    3 Posts
    Fri, Oct 4 2019 11:09 PM

Their just making money on the lesser players buy buying balls--I reporting them to the FCC and just gonna create a new player---   they are doinf illegal shiot since they know its a problem and don give solutions even to new player your friend ya recommend  ---Someone going to jail

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sat, Oct 5 2019 2:26 PM

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sat, Oct 5 2019 6:49 PM

TAZMANDTC:

Their just making money on the lesser players buy buying balls--I reporting them to the FCC and just gonna create a new player---   they are doinf illegal shiot since they know its a problem and don give solutions even to new player your friend ya recommend  ---Someone going to jail

Tell me what does the Federal Communication Commission which oversees radio and TV  stations licenses have to do with any of this??

• Pego1986
    124 Posts
    Sun, Oct 6 2019 1:52 AM

had same problem. but i change browser and now its ok. at past i used chorme, and change it to brave browser. now with brave no problems. I have same pc like you, only different gpu

RSS