skip nav

Forums

Re: Updates, more updates and damned updates.

Mon, Aug 5 2019 3:02 PM by fobby1980. 36 replies.
  • MainzMan Germany
    9,564 Posts
    Wed, May 17 2017 10:04 AM

Smitty640:

Heck I never even noticed any updates.  Is this on a cell phone or PC??

You might want to stay quiet then.  Before they notice you and set the VEM-Beast on you  ;  ))

Seriously, there are some people around here, and I don't mean you Smitty, who will never accept that a bad is simply that, a bad shot. They're probably the same people who have brought the world to such a state of affairs that a bag of nuts has to have a warning that it may contain nuts.  Kinda like WGT then......

As for Icon, plenty has been said in his defence but it can never be enough.  A legend around here under his old name and a shoot from the hip moderator.  A solid guy, one who is often discredited by those among us who are too ignorant to know the truth.

Digg
    Delicious
  • VanMeerV United States
    896 Posts
    Tue, Jul 23 2019 3:00 AM

When are we getting id of the high wind games in Stroke Play tours, this is just getting to be a hassle, The balls life is being used up faster as it is.

Vic

Digg
    Delicious
  • SlickHunter United States
    750 Posts
    Tue, Jul 23 2019 4:51 AM

WGT is doing what they think is right to keep the game afloat. You can exercise your options.

Option One: accept WGT’s services..this mainly paying for playing their game, buying their products, and putting up with the management. 

Option Two: play it for free using their free equipments.

Option Three: find a game that suits your needs.

Our suggestions to WGT are just that..they will consider them, if it benefits the company, then the players.

I play many other games, and one will make your wallet cry..I spent years, thousands of dollars on a few, but after a while I opted for option three: I’ve enjoyed the game when I did, gave it up, when I repeatedly hear myself complaining about the cost, and changes in gameplay.

This game, compare to other premium games, WGT is a bargain.

Digg
    Delicious
  • Luckystar5 United States
    1,317 Posts
    Tue, Jul 23 2019 10:29 AM
    I would like to start, by saying that I don't believe that Icon, would "knowingly" tell us a falsehood. My question would be, is he just relaying to us what the higher powers to be, tell him, in which case, may put his reputation in jeopardy? These are a few of my concerns: the majority of the complaints, seem to be coming from the mobile side of the game, as many pc based players are always saying " my plays just fine, clear your cache, etc" , and from what I can see, Icon, plays the pc side. My conclusion to that comes from these facts, he has basic apparel, means no coin games, which is only available from mobile or an emulator. He has a golf club bag, again available only on pc side. His bag has only starter equipment, has he even tried the other equipment? Not according to his activity list. That being said, can he positively say that it's not happening in the higher tiered clubs. Finally, he has no scoring history, does he even play? Alternate shot games, maybe, but that again means that he plays the pc side of game, but those games don't list in your history. Something is surely amiss, due to so many different people having these complaints, if just a couple piped up, maybe I'd agree, but there are way too many others saying the opposite. He admits that 1 or 2 clubs had glitches, but unless he has played them all, can he really boast that it's just 1 or 2? If it's only a couple, why wouldn't it be more? Espically since the mobile side has more that it's share of glitches, in every aspect of the game. This is just a few of my concerns, which I feel are well based on the facts as they are posted. I do believe that he does a good job, trying to keep us updated, and I am truely, not trying to bash him in any way shape or form.
    Digg
    Delicious
  • DoctorLarry United States
    2,361 Posts
    Tue, Jul 23 2019 6:53 PM

VanMeerV:

When are we getting id of the high wind games in Stroke Play tours, this is just getting to be a hassle, The balls life is being used up faster as it is.

Vic

Is someone forcing you to play those rounds?  I remember an ad campaign from years ago - "Just say No!"

I pretty much just play what I want to play.

Have fun!

Digg
    Delicious
  • fobby1980 United States
    163 Posts
    Mon, Aug 5 2019 2:49 PM

mik11235:

Why is it every time there is a new update  the game plays different. What else do they change?, someone please tell me.

My game always goes to pieces every time there is an update. The holes become tighter, the ball wanders away from the hole at the last second or lips around. Is it just legend level or all levels or am I getting crazier and more paranoid in my quest for tour legend,

Is it the Nike putter they want me change or thPost

e Nike irons they do not like me to use.

Please no more updates for a year at least.

Updates, damned updates, and “fixes”. 

There, fixed your title for you OP

Digg
    Delicious
  • fobby1980 United States
    163 Posts
    Mon, Aug 5 2019 3:02 PM

Luckystar5:
    I would like to start, by saying that I don't believe that Icon, would "knowingly" tell us a falsehood. My question would be, is he just relaying to us what the higher powers to be, tell him, in which case, may put his reputation in jeopardy? These are a few of my concerns: the majority of the complaints, seem to be coming from the mobile side of the game, as many pc based players are always saying " my plays just fine, clear your cache, etc" , and from what I can see, Icon, plays the pc side. My conclusion to that comes from these facts, he has basic apparel, means no coin games, which is only available from mobile or an emulator. He has a golf club bag, again available only on pc side. His bag has only starter equipment, has he even tried the other equipment? Not according to his activity list. That being said, can he positively say that it's not happening in the higher tiered clubs. Finally, he has no scoring history, does he even play? Alternate shot games, maybe, but that again means that he plays the pc side of game, but those games don't list in your history. Something is surely amiss, due to so many different people having these complaints, if just a couple piped up, maybe I'd agree, but there are way too many others saying the opposite. He admits that 1 or 2 clubs had glitches, but unless he has played them all, can he really boast that it's just 1 or 2? If it's only a couple, why wouldn't it be more? Espically since the mobile side has more that it's share of glitches, in every aspect of the game. This is just a few of my concerns, which I feel are well based on the facts as they are posted. I do believe that he does a good job, trying to keep us updated, and I am truely, not trying to bash him in any way shape or form.

Well said my good man. And from my own experiences I can tell you there’s quite a difference in club behaviors between game modes. 

Digg
    Delicious
RSS