skip nav

Forums

Re: Cheaters kicked out?

Sun, Mar 24 2019 1:16 PM by DoctorLarry. 238 replies.
  • el3n1 United States
    2,260 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 2:55 PM

TopShelf2010:

Spot on I'm afraid.

I knew when I shot a 59 in last week's 18 Hole Single Play at Merion I would be doomed this week. 

LMAO

yep... haven't even finished the round... immediately following my gift... I am now going to be lucky to walk away with par on a course I have played well in the past... the game gives and the game takes... so you take what you can and accept it will have swings... it can drive you mad sometimes unless you try to put it into perspective and accept it is going to happen ... I just hope the good rounds happen at a good time... : )  for me it was the 200 credit ready go that went much better than my other event, so I won't and can't really complain as much LOL... although it happens the other way too... I tell myself it balances out in the long run...

Digg
    Delicious
  • Dougie4042 United States
    4,297 Posts
    Mon, Feb 11 2019 3:10 AM

:-)

Digg
    Delicious
  • kavvz Canada
    1,670 Posts
    Mon, Feb 11 2019 1:56 PM

Has anyone ever found, or thought they found that the more you restart an unlimited tourney, the harder it gets.  Merion Classic...it sure seems that way.  Lol 

It's giving me nothing and the ball seems to be going all over the dang place.  

Digg
    Delicious
  • TopShelf2010 United States
    8,251 Posts
    Mon, Feb 11 2019 2:56 PM

kavvz:

Has anyone ever found, or thought they found that the more you restart an unlimited tourney, the harder it gets.  Merion Classic...it sure seems that way.  Lol 

It's giving me nothing and the ball seems to be going all over the dang place.  

For myself, it was last month's Pebble Beach 18 Hole Unlimited. Those heavy wind conditions were creating havoc with my Level 33 Cally. For the better part of the month, I could barely nab 3 or 4 birdies. Finally during the last week of the month, it seemed to play a little more accurate. I believe I was able to get my score down to a decent 63 under those conditions.

Hang in there and hope for the luck of the VEM draw. LOL

Don

Digg
    Delicious
  • el3n1 United States
    2,260 Posts
    Mon, Feb 11 2019 7:37 PM

#kavv    trying to pinpoint 1 particular factor can be tough, but i too have found merion playing tough... i dont see some of the harder pin positions a lot  on c13 greens and trying to find the right landing spot on some greens to get a good look at birdie can be tough.  And some pins like the back pin on 5 u are good with par... but when you start conceding pars where do you find holes you can attack without too much risk... i stopped counting attempts to post a good score but see others seemingly throwing down low numbers regularly... hard to fathom...  

Digg
    Delicious
  • kavvz Canada
    1,670 Posts
    Tue, Feb 12 2019 6:32 AM

Tell me about it Ed..I probably should have posted that 60 when I had the chance..but just thought nawww that's not good enough Lol.  

Digg
    Delicious
  • AussieDavo11 Australia
    223 Posts
    Sat, Mar 23 2019 9:09 PM

Hi,

We have just had someone join our club with Legend level status and her stats only show three (3) ranked rounds and no Match Play figures played.

Does anyone know how this can be possible?

Digg
    Delicious
  • Robert1893 United States
    4,633 Posts
    Sun, Mar 24 2019 10:32 AM

AussieDavo11:
      Hi,

We have just had someone join our club with Legend level status and her stats only show three (3) ranked rounds and no Match Play figures played.

As I posted in the other thread where you asked this question, the person is probably a mobile player. Different rules apply if they're playing coin matches.

I have no idea what the formula is there. But there's a player on here with about a dozen ranked rounds who is a Tour Champion. 

Digg
    Delicious
  • DoctorLarry United States
    1,363 Posts
    Sun, Mar 24 2019 1:16 PM

Robert1893:

AussieDavo11:
      Hi,

As I posted in the other thread where you asked this question, the person is probably a mobile player. Different rules apply if they're playing coin matches.

I have no idea what the formula is there. But there's a player on here with about a dozen ranked rounds who is a Tour Champion. 

I don't know the exact rules for mobile either, but I know you tier up according to levels - at least for a while.  

Also, not every round played is ranked, so someone could be playing a lot of custom courses.

A look at their stats could tell you more.

Digg
    Delicious
RSS