Forums

Help › Forums

Re: THE PRACTICE MODE IS RIGGED!!!!

Mon, Apr 24 2017 2:56 PM (5 replies)
  • lexmarkz33
    8,662 Posts
    Sat, Apr 22 2017 7:39 AM

THE "PRACTICE MODE" IS RIGGED! WGT should be ashamed of themselves! It took me a long time to realize what was happening when I kept adjusting my clubs shots and in "practice mode" then moving them back when I played in rank mode....using the same wind speed and distances. Most of the very same shot were consistency 5-10 yards off. I wonder if anyone else out there have figured this out? What good is "practice mode" if it does no good to practice and use up balls when it is rigged for that purpose!

I also leaned that WGT count each mulligan as a shot so that each time you use it, it's like taking a shot....using your balls up twice as fast. Don't we spend enough money on balls without being tricked to use more balls? Doesn't WGT not make enough money without these rigged features....shameful! And I challenge anyone to prove me wrong....I have spent months experimenting with this endeavor....and it angered me when I found this out...so much I stopped playing for a while. 

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Sat, Apr 22 2017 8:07 AM

WOW where have you been ? Anyway practice mode is not rigged , its just that you dont get the exact same level of game deviation as you do in ranked mode . The game plays a little easier when in practice mode . But as for yardages being off with clubs well thats not happening . I play practice rounds every day in fact if they had all been ranked rounds I would have about 3000 more rounds that I now have .

As for the mulligan feature when used it counts as 2 hits on the ball instead of 1 . Now to me thats not fair  because it shouldnt  penalise a player for using the mulligan due to the fact that you are rehitting a shot over and over anyway . But this is why you dont use a premium ball in practice mode unless its for mapping your clubs .

But when it was added to the game it was made known by WGT as to the use of the mulligan would count as 2 hits on the ball . So those of us who read the memo were and have been fully aware of this rip off and we countered it by playing practice rounds with the rock . No ball hits are counted when using the free ball so its what most players use during practice rounds .

So when you dont really feel like playing but just want to hit some balls or work on your game just use the rock . You can still learn what it is you are trying to learn with out wasting your expensive balls . The other plus will be that if for some reason you should get caught short and have to play with the rock you will know how to with your clubs .

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Sat, Apr 22 2017 8:50 AM

I also have tried mapping my clubs in practice mode and yes there is a difference when you go play ranked rounds.I believe it was Icon that confirmed that here in the forums and suggested the best way to get the practice mapping closest to ranked was map with a cross wind.

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Sat, Apr 22 2017 10:12 AM

@lexmarkz33

The information about the mulligan has been in the FAQ. It's not like WGT is hiding the information.

Is there a cost to use a mulligan?

If you use a mulligan during a Practice game, the ball you are using will be degraded by two hits instead of one hit. Mulligan putts will also degrade your ball by two hits.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Sat, Apr 22 2017 10:51 AM

lexmarkz33:
    shameful

Yes you are. 

I can also copy and paste into multiple thread posts.

lexmarkz33:
    I challenge anyone to prove me wrong

Since I play and practice with the "Rock" I see no difference. There is no cost to use a mulligan either with the "Rock" so I use it extensively.

Also if you are a ding putter the new Putt Preview has become a valuable tool in practice mode.

The hardest part of this game is the five inches between the ears ... learn to chill out.

• Heath021
    378 Posts
    Mon, Apr 24 2017 2:56 PM

lonniescott711:

WOW where have you been ? Anyway practice mode is not rigged , its just that you dont get the exact same level of game deviation as you do in ranked mode . The game plays a little easier when in practice mode . But as for yardages being off with clubs well thats not happening . I play practice rounds every day in fact if they had all been ranked rounds I would have about 3000 more rounds that I now have .

As for the mulligan feature when used it counts as 2 hits on the ball instead of 1 . Now to me thats not fair  because it shouldnt  penalise a player for using the mulligan due to the fact that you are rehitting a shot over and over anyway . But this is why you dont use a premium ball in practice mode unless its for mapping your clubs .

But when it was added to the game it was made known by WGT as to the use of the mulligan would count as 2 hits on the ball . So those of us who read the memo were and have been fully aware of this rip off and we countered it by playing practice rounds with the rock . No ball hits are counted when using the free ball so its what most players use during practice rounds .

So when you dont really feel like playing but just want to hit some balls or work on your game just use the rock . You can still learn what it is you are trying to learn with out wasting your expensive balls . The other plus will be that if for some reason you should get caught short and have to play with the rock you will know how to with your clubs .

Mags must always play in practice mode then....LOL.

RSS