Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Club Sets: TM R15 (90+) or MAX Meter (95+)?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 30 2017 2:03 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • HoleItSucker
    53 Posts
    Thu, Apr 20 2017 8:59 AM

I'm doing some research on which club set is best, and it seems like the Max Meter set (95+) offers more value than the TM set. The TM set has better precision, but there's a 1- to 1.5-point meter speed difference between the TM set and the MM set. 

I want to go with the TM set because, well, the clubs look cooler and they're the most expensive ones, but the Max Meter set seems like I'll get more forgiveness and won't be forced to purchase meter balls. 

Your thoughts?

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Thu, Apr 20 2017 9:55 AM

Which meter speed do you like? At L87 you have a 3 -8 levels of play before you can get to either set . Or you can stop waiting and get the L83+ Ping G25s at 4,495 credits . Before you pick club sets always look at the clubs individually to make sure that you know what the specs are for those clubs .

The TM R15 L90+ were the replacement clubs of the former Rll s which were the top clubs before the nikes came along .The meter was slowed down a little but they are supposed to be in the same league as the top clubs in the proshop now . You still have 3 levels to go for them so do you feel they are worth the wait .

You also have 8 more levels to go for the Max clubs too . So again do you feel are they worth the wait ? All 3 sets will play from the tips well the rest is just a waiting game . So the final question is how long do you want to wait ? Good luck 

• HoleItSucker
    53 Posts
    Thu, Apr 20 2017 1:29 PM

I really don't mind waiting to get either set of clubs.Both will be a big deal for me because I haven't bought clubs since like 2009/2010. My driver is 2.5 on the meter, so anything will be an upgrade. I've got an old Ping Rapture 3W with a slow meter, and my Ping G10's are a 3.0, I believe. As you can see, any new clubs would be great. I thought about the Ping G25's, but since I'm only making one big purchase, I'd rather hold out for the absolute best clubs available at the time.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Thu, Apr 20 2017 2:57 PM

If you want the best then get the TM R15 . Like I said before look at the clubs individually to get a better look at the clubs . Take a good look at the irons as those you will really be needing . The Max irons L94+ have distances of 215-110 yds . The TM L90+ irons are 225-120 yds . Before the nikes and the new Callys these were the top clubs of all the top players .

If you compare them in the proshop and you will see what I mean . The TM set can be the last set you will ever buy as they are the same distances as the new top Cally irons and also the now gone nikes . Throw in the L76, 78 and L 80 Cleveland wedges and you will never need to upgrade again un less you just want too . The L90+ irons will have you throwing darts with the best of them .

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Mon, Apr 24 2017 1:36 PM

Meter-oriented clubs plateau pretty easily.  The risk-reward is low to medium.

If you're an average, below average, or slightly above average golfer, Max is better.  If you're a good golfer, TM is better.

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Tue, Apr 25 2017 6:42 PM

The TM 15's will set you up nicely for what's ahead of you. I had them for ages and they were great.

• Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 1:31 AM

A couple of things that might be worth knowing. Quite low trajectory on the MAX irons, the wedges also. The wedges and driver are in my bag and i had free rental of the irons just a while ago. 3.0 meter on the TM`s, too quick for me but otherwise great clubs.

Bjorn

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Wed, Apr 26 2017 1:55 AM

HoleItSucker:

I'm doing some research on which club set is best, and it seems like the Max Meter set (95+) offers more value than the TM set. The TM set has better precision, but there's a 1- to 1.5-point meter speed difference between the TM set and the MM set. 

I want to go with the TM set because, well, the clubs look cooler and they're the most expensive ones, but the Max Meter set seems like I'll get more forgiveness and won't be forced to purchase meter balls. 

Your thoughts?

Hi,

I had a free rental of the Max Meter L 94+ & don't be fooled by the stated High Trajectory, The long Iron's come In Very low/Flat, Go with TM set If you can adjust to the quicker meter speed

Ken

• HoleItSucker
    53 Posts
    Sat, Apr 29 2017 9:42 AM

I really like the forgiveness and meter speed of the Max clubs. Yes, the R15 driver is more precise, but what good does that do when the club's forgiveness and meter speed are a full point lower than the MAX Meter? Missing on the meter will cost me with the R15, whereas the MAX Meter club will rarely offer a bad miss.

The other issue here is sustainability...yeah, I could get the R15 driver, but I'd have to buy balls to slow down the meter. Not worth a new purchase every week or two when I can spend less credits on a MAX Meter driver that doesn't need a meter-slowing ball. 

• HoleItSucker
    53 Posts
    Sat, Apr 29 2017 9:43 AM

Thanks for this input. As for the meter, right now my driver is a 2.5 and my irons are 3.0, so the TM's are an upgrade in that area. 

• PAGES
RSS