Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Color Blindness

Mon, Jul 20 2020 12:22 AM (41 replies)
  • weetabix7
    524 Posts
    Thu, May 11 2017 2:44 AM

Thank you Scott for doing this Scott and making it so easy to follow.

It is very much appreciated

Shaun

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Thu, May 11 2017 7:50 AM

Okay Shaun, no problem, thank you. Doing practical stuff like this helps me too with my Javascript & CSS, so it's good for both of us.

• amateur4sure
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, May 11 2017 8:27 AM

Scott what an absolute star you are Sir...!

I am one of people who suffer Colour Blindness but a lot of squinting and asking the Wifey what is what is how I have managed lol

The main thing I have suffered with is Fringe putting believe it or not and not been able to see how much fringe I am actually on/in etc... The Map helps a little but a lot of the time it is hit and hope, Anything to keep away from Chipping.. :-)

Scott keep up your excellent work, This is what WGT should be all about, Helping each other!

Chris

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Thu, May 11 2017 8:42 AM

Thank you for the compliment Chris, very kind of you.  : )

Yes, that amount of fringe thing gets me too at times. But I usually end up just adding a couple of feet to the putt which gets me close-ish most of the time.

Have you tried Windows magnifier to avoid having to squint or ask the missus?

• amateur4sure
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, May 11 2017 10:57 AM

Tell you what Scott I`ll try anything to keep the Mrs away from me Golfing room lmao

No bud I have not but certainly will now..  Thanks ever so much !!

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Thu, May 11 2017 1:04 PM

Hehe, I'm sure she's lovely.

The magnifier is customizable, so you can change the magnification and also whether it magnifies the whole screen or just an area, like a lens which you can move about on the screen.

• amateur4sure
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, May 12 2017 1:17 AM

Top Man I`ll give that a go Brother, Cheers Scott..

PS. She is Lovely :-)

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2020 2:10 PM

I know this thread has been dormant for a while but it's still an important subject.

It appears that Windows 10 has some built in colour filter options for those who may be affected by colour blindness.

These can be found via... Settings / Ease of Access / Colour Filters  ...or just type colour filters into your taskbar search box.

• protonc
    643 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2020 7:28 AM

I'm colorblind and never even thought about it while playing.  After looking at your gif post on 05-06-2017, huge difference in "MY" color range.  Also didn't know Windows had any filters.  Cool.

Just for fun if you ever wondered, google reverse colorblind test. I can see them, and you cannot.

...or look https://www.archimedes-lab.org/colorblindnesstest.html 

Scroll down just a little, look at Screening tests for color vision deficiency. For me, I can see Test A and the second part of Test H, nothing else.  What do you see?

Thanks for the info.

• amateur4sure
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Jul 19 2020 11:53 AM

Nice one Scott for bringing this thread back to life (Hopefully)

Yes I too are Color Blind and other than some of the pins, I find it almost impossible to read the fringe.

RSS